QNX6 as Guest OS

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ruzz, Jun 29, 2006.

1. ruzz

ruzz Bit poster

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get QNX6 to work as a Guest OS (www.qnx.com for those that are interested)

I'm trying to get it to boot from CD or floppy image, neither works.

The QNX bootloader runs OK, the boot image itself is loaded and starts to execute but at some point it locks up. The CPU is busy but nothing else is displayed and no progress is made.

Has anyone else had any success with QNX?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed. Is there any way to get any kind of a debug log file out of Parallels to give me some information as to what QNX is trying to do when it locks up?

I think the guys from QNX would be happy to help if I could get some concrete information about where the problem lies.

Thanks for any hints/suggestions.

Rob Rutherford

2. buchan

buchan Bit poster

I haven't had success running QNX either under Parallels. It does install however under qemu using the Q frontend although I cannot seem to get networking working in it.

I'd much rather prefer using Parallels for all my virtualization needs on Mac OS X. Just thought I'd bump the topic and add another voice for QNX as a guest in Parallels.

3. dcardamo

dcardamo Bit poster

4. Spike

Spike Junior Member

I'm not having much luck with QNX4 as a guest OS either. Installs and runs fine, but the network adapter does not work. Net.ether1000 loads and detects the device, but nothing is transmitted or received via TCP/IP or FLEET.

5. Spike

Spike Junior Member

No change in Build 3036.

6. cc0773

cc0773 Bit poster

Hi,

I'm also looking to run QNX6 but I'm having the same issues as everyone else. I'm running build 3106.