copy & paste?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ferr, Apr 13, 2006.

1. ferr

ferr Junior Member

Hello, are you going to introduce in the next versions "copy & paste" functionality between the two operating systems?
    Thanks
    Ferr

2. bdruth

bdruth Bit poster

FYI - you can get some limited copy/paste support by using Remote Desktop Connection (if you're using WinXP) from OS X to connect to your guest OS.

3. Although you cannot use copy/paste to move files you can use it for text and images via the Parallels Tools if you have it installed.

4. sdlavergne

sdlavergne Junior Member

I have an issue of Copy and Paste crashing Parallels. When I copy a large section of text out of Outlook Parallels will crash.

(iMac 20", Beta 3 running Windows XP with Parallels tools installed.)

FYI for the bug squashing team... :)

5. ferr

ferr Junior Member

Could you please better explain?
    Thanks

6. wesley

wesley Pro

Install 'Parallels Tools'. It's in the menu. You can read about this in the manual or do search in this forum if you're having issues installing it. Of course, the OS you're running inside PW must support it (see the manual for the matrix).

7. ferr

ferr Junior Member

Yes, I already installed the Tools, but I do not understand how to use it for text and images as you said in your post:
    "use it for text and images via the Parallels Tools if you have it installed"
    Regards

8. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

For Mac OS X version you can use only Copy&Paste for "text" data only so far. Images are supported in Windows version for Windows guests.

9. ferr

ferr Junior Member

Ok, thanks!