Parallel Tools for BootCamp killed my Windows

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by sirdir, Dec 4, 2006.

1. sirdir

sirdir Junior Member

Hi!

I tried to instsall the Parallel Tools for BootCamp, but unfortunately that killed my installation, it doesn't boot natively nor in Parallels :( What can I do?

Error: STOP: 0x0000007B 0xF7998528, 0XC000000034, 0X00000000,0X0000000)

2. nicka

nicka Member

Re:

Me too. I followed the instructions and it simply killed Windows completely. Can't even boot it from boot camp. I'm quite certain the parallels tools were installed in XP before attempting to add it via Parallels in OS X. There wasn't really and confirmation dialogue.

Nick

3. sirdir

sirdir Junior Member

At least I'm still able to boot in safe mode. can somebody please tell us how to get rid of the parallel tools again so that a normal boot is possible? the uninstallation does not run in safe mod, nor does the installation or the installation of the boot camp drivers (from apple)...

4. DaMacGuy

DaMacGuy Bit poster

I'm more interested in if someone is looking into supporting BootCamp FAT32 partition for use with Parallels.

I need to have access to my Windows partition from my Mac, and thus don't want to convert it to NTFS.

Looks like I'm re-absorbing my Boot Camp partition again. :mad:

5. tychop

tychop Junior Member

You can always convert it to NTFS & back to FAT32 when the support for it is there.
    Note: For converting back to FAT32 you'll need 3rd party tools like Partition Magic or an equivelant.

6. janslu

janslu Bit poster

Here's what I did

I've ran into the same problem. Stop error on boot or sometimes freeze on boot selection menu (Windows text mode). Eventually I have booted to safe mode and edited my boot.ini file (in the root directory - c:\boot.ini). There are two options that cause non-standard kernel to load when you select the default option and you have to delete them. I have now the following:

Code:
    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Save and reboot.

Cheers
    Jan

7. slboettcher

slboettcher Junior Member

I am also waiting for FAT32 support.
    I need to have it for a number of reasons, so I can hold off until then.
    I'm not risking converting my setups as there's too much time invested in them...

I can't complain, there's way too many great things to love about this last update...

8. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

safe mode system restore ?

9. sirdir

sirdir Junior Member

Strange, this is one of the first things I tried and it didn't work. But you success inspired me to try some more and when I added /kernel=ntoskrnl.exe /hal=hal.dll, suddenly the system came up again. But it locked up shortly after the desktop becomes visible.
    I then replaced ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll with versions that I have installed on my macbook pro and then it booted without crashing, but only in vga saying that this version of windows is too old to support the graphics driver!?
    please, can somebody tell me what files are exactly replaced by this tool and what names the originals have been renamed to?
    why does my xp no longer use ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll without being told to do so?

Regards

Patrick