3036, Vista RC1 and Parallel tools = Crash!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BenInBlack, Dec 2, 2006.

1. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

Ok,

When i started Vista with the old tools it started and ran fine, so i decided to see of the new tools didn't need to be run in compatibility mode. to my suprise it seemed to work because it went thru all of them.

Then the Reboot. and now it just locks in the black screen with little progress bar.

I've tried safe mode and last known good session.

anyone get around this?

2. hussainahm

hussainahm Member

i wouldn't be surprised if the problem was from Vista .. it reached RC2 and now RTM so lots must have changed since RC1

3. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

actually RC2 was limited release and i missed that window. I need to check out if i can get RTM

After beating on it several times and configs i did finally get it to come up and I thought ok, its better now. so I restarted, well lost it again, some more beating on it (various resets and power offs and turning cds on and off, hey ill try anything ;-) I did get it to come up again.

This time I uninstalled PTools. I going to retry in Compatibile mode

Will let you know

4. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

Ok, Installed the the PTools in compatibility mode and it installed but i lost mouse synch and video drivers.

But I'm in Vista, so I will wait for fix on Ptools

5. Whiplash

Whiplash Bit poster

I'm having the exact same problem and I'm using the final release of Vista.

Dana

6. pfilias

pfilias Bit poster

I am using Vista release version, which worked in 1970 but now it's on the black progress bar screen. When I restarted the virtual machine, it prompted me to start in safe mode, so it's obviously having a problem with some sort of device.

Any updates on Vista working with 3036?

7. jer_fido

jer_fido Junior Member

Yup...BenInBlack figured it out....it's definitely a bug in the beta but here is a workaround for now:

http://forum.parallels.com/thread6126.html

8. VTMac

VTMac Pro

Vista isn't supported in 3036 according to the sticky thread at the top. Buried in there somewhere, Parallels indicated that only XP, 2000, and 2003 are supported in this beta for Tools.

9. jer_fido

jer_fido Junior Member

I don't even have the Parallels Tools installed on my Vista VM...and can't install them cuz the CD has to be disabled just to start up Vista normally and not in SafeMode. So it looks like it is a different issue that others are experiencing as well and not what you noted above....

10. jer_fido

jer_fido Junior Member

WOOT! v3094 Beta2 fixes this issue!