3036 - Where is FullscreenStayOnTop option?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by cjohnson78, Dec 4, 2006.

1. cjohnson78

cjohnson78 Bit poster

In previous releases, I could switch back to fullscreen Parallels (via. VirtueDesktops) and immediately start working in fullscreen. I had enabled the "Always Stay on Top in Fullscreen" option.

In build 3036, this option is not present anymore. When I toggle to my Parallels desktop, I am left with the menubar and dock until I click somewhere inside the VM.

I still notice the setting in the plist, "Parallels.LookAndFeel.FullscreenStayOnTop = 1", but it does not appear to be honored anymore.

Is this feature gone, or is something wrong with my setup?

Thanks,
    Chad

2. sirris101

sirris101 Member

I too want this back. I switch back and forth with a Quicksilver trigger I've created. It lets me click in the bottom right hand corner. Clicking it toggles Parallels (in full screen mode) between show and hide. It's a much better (and faster) way to switch between Parallels and Mac OS X desktop.

In build 3036, when I switch back to Parallels, the Mac OS X dock and Parallels menubar appears over Windows until I click in the VM. It now takes two clicks, instead of one.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  3. Matt Stevens

Matt Stevens Bit poster

Another vote here to restore the old fullscreen behavior, I ended up downgrading to 1970 just to get this back.

4. veggiedude

veggiedude Hunter

I'm just guessing, but it seems to me that a feature like that may not be possible with Coherence, or if it is, there is a bit of future engineering to make both live together peacefully.

If I had to choose between one or the other, Coherence wins hands down.

5. msb

msb Bit poster

Same here. :-(

6. sirris101

sirris101 Member

Maybe it's possible to only introduce this "option" when in Parallels is in full screen mode.

7. knippers

knippers Bit poster

yet another request to restore the old fullscreen behavior.

8. cjohnson78

cjohnson78 Bit poster

I keep coming up with reasons why they might have removed the feature. But I cannot come up with a reason to not at least make it an option. If it does not work with Coherence, fine. Let me choose which way I want it to behave.

9. sfuller

sfuller Member

Along the same vein, and maybe I'm missing something, but I recall that you could set a VM to auto-start in full screen mode as a checkbox option. I too use Parallels with Virtue Desktop and I'd like this, as well as the stay on top in full screen option available once again.

10. drinniol

drinniol Bit poster

Is this still the case in 3170, or has it been returned?

11. Matt Stevens

Matt Stevens Bit poster

I'm curious about this too - does the menu/dock still show up when switching to a fullscreen Virtue desktop in 3186? Coherence is cool, but personally I still prefer to use Windows in fullscreen mode and use Virtue to context switch.