Boot Camp Windows Partition disappears even after Parallels is closed

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by TheBear, Dec 5, 2006.

1. TheBear

TheBear Bit poster

I'm on a 15" 2.16 GHZ Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro with 1 GB of ram. I can open up Windows XP fine using Parallels and my Boot Camp image. Besides the activation problems, everything else seemed to work okay. I've encountered a new problem.

When you load Windows via Parallels and your Boot Camp Windows partition, the Windows hard drive disappears from the desktop. This is normal as I think Parallels does not want you messing with the drive when you're running the virtualization. The partitioned drive should come back after you quit Parallels - at least it used to for me. Now, whenever I run Parallels and I quit, the Boot Camp partition of Windows does not return; it becomes missing and I can't run Parallels a second time. I must reboot to get the Windows partition back. Has anybody else encountered this problem?

2. TheBear

TheBear Bit poster

Hmm. I just noticed this as a possibility: When I quit Windows on Parallels, it asks me for my system password again; I'm guessing maybe this is to put the Boot Camp partition back to place?

Is it possible that during the times it didn't go back, it was because I entered the password in wrong?