Lost my Cursor!!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ljc, Dec 5, 2006.

1. ljc

ljc Bit poster

I have searched the forum for the answer to my problem with no luck, so here goes:

I was successfully running the original beta version of Parallels on my MacbookPro using Windows 2000. When the first commercial version came out, I paid the license fee and was a happy user. This was all set up by my computer guru, as I am not (a guru). When I received an e-mail about an upgrade (1940) a couple of months ago, I downloaded and installed the upgrade myself. This is when my problem started. Everytime I try to use the program, I lose the cursor. It disappears. I tried to install the Parallel Tools, but I can't because the cursor disappears. A couple of e-mails to tech support has not solved my problem. I have not called tech support. I thought I would try this forum first. Any ideas guys?? Thanks!!

BTW, I just installed the lastest build (3036) and still have the same problem.

2. veggiedude

veggiedude Hunter

3. mlandel

mlandel Member

I had the same thing happen to me after the VM crashed while booting (a result of the build 3036 Mac Pro Manual Memory settings bug). IN my case, if the mouse was *not* over the VM when it started, it worked, but once captured by the VM, the mouse went away and could not be recovered by the Mac.
    Solution: I captured the mouse in the USB menu. This locked me out of the Mac, but recovered the mouse operations in the VM. I was able to re-install Parallels tools, then on reboot/shutdown the mouse was restored to the Mac. With tools installed, everyting returned to normal.

In my case, because of file corruption issues from the crash, the installation of parallels tools would not complete (leaving the mouse stuck in the VM) and I ended up having to delete the parallels directory from the VM, then re-install parallels tools.