3036: USB broken

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by BruceK, Dec 2, 2006.

1. BruceK

BruceK Member

I am no longer able to Hot Sync my Garmin iQue PDA after installing Beta 3036. Although the device is seen within Devices -> USB communications is never established with the Guest OS.

MacBook Pro
    2GB memory
    Win XP SP1

2. skaratso

skaratso Junior Member

I'm having the same USB issues with 3036 as well. My Olympus Digital Voice Recorder won't sync, my Palm PDA won't sync, and my printer won't print. Windows sees them, but can't do anything with them.

They all work under build 1970, so I have reverted for now.

But what's going on?

3. domim

domim Junior Member

Same here, Palm won't sync anymore ;-(((

4. kperry7505

kperry7505 Member

Same here. Palm HotSync has worked in all Parallels Desktop versions prior to 3036

5. akac

akac Hunter

At least for me - all my USB devices still work in 3036 which is Treo, Dell Axim, USB SSL key.

6. hilmartor

hilmartor Member

I have problems with my USB printer. No way to get him to work.

7. jmizoguchi

jmizoguchi Member

wow... not sure if build 1970 would have worked on my nokia phone but since I never update that build and jump into 3036 build.

I know for sure my nokia software and phone never worked but for me.. I just tested and I got to work with beta build.. that is funny that so manny have issue and I don't.. I have one more device that never worked in the past so must try and see..

8. domim

domim Junior Member

Unfortunately the same problem with 3038 :-(

9. bvasu@cyberacc.com

bvasu@cyberacc.com Bit poster

Logitech io2 Digital Ren (almost)

My Logitech io2 Digital Pen is the only USB device I have not been able to get working at all. The software loads, as do the the USB drivers for the pen when it is plugged into the USB port. However, the software necer sees the pen which eventually cycles from green, to alternate red and green, to red and then off. The pen continues to show in the driver list.

Any suggestions?

10. Jisi

Jisi Member

I have USB problems with 3036 too: In 1970 my JTAG Adapter worked (albeit unsuably slow) with 3036 it always shows the "wait 5-10s sec". It even shows "wait 5-10sec" when using a normal usb flash drive.

11. thetravellor

thetravellor Bit poster

I have the same device and exactly the same problem.

Do you know if it worked under 1970?

12. BruceK

BruceK Member

Yep. I 've been able to Hot Sync my iQue with both 1966 and 1970.

Bruce

13. AtariAge

AtariAge Junior Member

Yeah, USB support broke for me also--I can no longer use my USB Xeltek Device Programmer. Looks like I should have waited before clobbering my previous install with this new version! I hope USB support is fixed in the next version.

..Al

14. thetravellor

thetravellor Bit poster

Well.....

Since we are obviously all keen to use the new version and our iQue and help Beta test....perhaps if some enterprising chap from parallels could step forward and advise what logs / debug output they might need to fix it in an upcoming release

15. TinyApps.Org

TinyApps.Org Bit poster

3036: USB broken - Treo won't sync

Just adding a "me too" - I installed Parallel 3036 fresh with no previous install. Running 10.4.8 on a MBP and Windows XP Pro SP2 inside Parallels. Everything I need works great except USB.

16. Hagbard

Hagbard Member

My USB printer no longer works with build 3036 either. My HP Deskjet worked fine with Ubuntu 6.10 with the old build, now it will not print. Deleting and reconfiguring it from the print manager failed to solve the problem, so I think its a Parallels issue.

17. Fredric

Fredric Member

Hi Bruce,
    I have an IQue 3600 and am unable to get it to HotSync in 1970. Would you please supply details of how to do that? I am using an Intel iMac, running under OSX 10.4.7, and Windows XP Pro.
    Thanks,
    Fredric

Last edited: Dec 20, 2006