OS X as Guest OS?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TinyApps.Org, Dec 6, 2006.

1. TinyApps.Org

TinyApps.Org Bit poster

Are there any plans to allow OS X as a Guest OS? It would be most helpful to be able to run OS X in a VM.

Sincerely,

Miles

P.S. Please no comments about searching the forums, etc. I have tried to do so the last few days, but receive the following error: "An error occurred! Can not connect to search daemon"

2. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Junior Member

I would like to second that request. It would be quite helpful to be able to test a new version or a suspect application without needing to reboot for each test.

3. Olivier

Olivier Forum Maven

Nobody doubts that Parallels would do it quite easily, but that is legally undoable for now. Apple forbids this. It would open the door too easily to running Mac OS X in a VM hosted on a Windows computer for instance. Not something Apple wants (and I support them, but that is of no importance).

And yes, you could use the Search feature...
    Just use the *right* search feature.
    Somehow the WEBSITE search (on top of the page) is broken.
    But the FORUMS search (the one between Calendar and New Post) do work nicely and quickly.
    ;-)

4. TinyApps.Org

TinyApps.Org Bit poster

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, Olivier. Yes, I found the forum search link shortly after posting, though I still can't understand why the main search engine doesn't work. It is sad that the only reason why OS X cannot be a Guest OS is Apple's fear. Thank God Microsoft and Linux are not as fearful, otherwise Parallels would not exist.

5. alkalifly

alkalifly Hunter

Also, if the forum search engine ever is down, you can type your search terms into google along with site:forum.parallels.com and you will get results from the search page. I actually find this to be better than the search engine that is built in to the forum.