Parallels Desktop Italian version and update to 1970

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by stisa, Nov 6, 2006.

1. stisa

stisa Bit poster

Hi,
    I bought a copy of Parallels desktop from my local distributor in Italy. The build included in the CD is 1940 Italian. I tried to upgrade to 1970 (English) but this version refuses my activation code. If I try to update Parallels from within it, it says that no update is available.
    Someone, especially from Parallels, can help me?

Thanks,

Simone

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Please wait for 1970 Italian update. It will be released very soon. Registration key for Italian version is not valid for English version.

3. stisa

stisa Bit poster

Thanks Andrew.
    Will I find the update under the "Check for Update" command in Parallels Desktop, or will I have to download it from a specific link?

Simone

4. Andrew @ Parallels

It will be available in "Check for Update" menu.

5. stisa

stisa Bit poster

Any news about the Italian localization of build 1970?

6. Andrew @ Parallels

It is not out yet. We are waiting for translation completion.

7. stisa

stisa Bit poster

I'm happy to see the new features in build 3036.
    However I'm still stuck with build 1940, since my activation code works only with the Italian version of Parallels.
    Any news about the translation of, at least, build 1970?

8. smeyer82

smeyer82 Bit poster

I don't understand this problem. Why can't I use an activation key for another language? I mean, I've bought the program, not the language did I?

9. Lelemac

Lelemac Bit poster

I have the same situation: build 1940 Italian version not upgradable to 1970 and 3036 versions for the language problem.
    Can I download Paralles and re-install it with the same activation code ?

10. stisa

stisa Bit poster

No, I tried. If you install an English version, it says that your activation code can not be used.

I'm not interested in having Parallels in Italian. I bought 2 licences of Parallels together with 2 new iMacs for my university from my local Apple distributor, and I found out with big surprice that I can not have the latest (English) release.

Maybe we should ask Parallels to exchange our Italian activation code with a standard English code.

11. Lelemac

Lelemac Bit poster

Grazie Stisa (I suppose you're Italian !) for your information.
    I'm agreed with you to prefer the latest release, even if in English, than an Italian version without the update possibility.

I subscribe the request to Parallels to exchange our activation code from Italian to English one.

12. Daniele

Daniele Bit poster

Salve :)

I'm Italian, what about the new localized versions? :confused:

13. arnoud

arnoud Junior Member

Luckily there is no Dutch translation, so I can use the UK-English version of Parallels that was in the box here, but even though there seems to be no difference with the 'normal' version, I cannot use the serial number I bought with the downloadable version either... So no testing with the beta either. Sure I can register for a trial serial number, but I see no reason for keeping us locked to the language we bought... If I would have known this I would not have bought the boxed version.

And so far no response from Parallels on why exactly they choose to limit us to our own local versions.

14. Daniele

Daniele Bit poster

News????????? :(

15. stisa

stisa Bit poster

Hello Parallels guys out there.

We are waiting for news!!

16. Lelemac

Lelemac Bit poster

No news about the upgrade of Italian version ?
    Actually I still used the build 1984 !