Workstation 2.1 Beta 4

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by austin, Apr 18, 2006.

1. controller

controller Member

On my MacBook Pro, I still can't get bridged networking to work with Airport/wifi - now on beta 4.

Wired ethernet bridging does work on my intel-based iMac, though (haven't tried on the MacBook).

When will "wifi networking fixed" mean that? :)

Otherwise, superb program... unfortunately it is useless to me on my MacBook Pro due to no networking (I only have wifi where I use the laptop.)

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Dual monitor support means that you could have fullscreen guest OS on the 1-st monitor and your primary Mac OS X on the 2-nd.

3. jsolderitsch

jsolderitsch Member

I am hoping for better DHCP support in beta 4.

I have made posts to other threads, and submitted problem reports to Parallels, regarding network access problems when a Windows XP VM is suspended and then resumed while bridging to en1 (wireless) and using DHCP inside the VM. I can see an issue when the computer is moved to a different DHCP situation (office setup and home setup) -- you almost have to use some mechanism in the running guest OS to refresh the DHCP records for the guest.

But when you are in a single location, and all you do is suspend and resume the guest, I am not sure why DHCP needs to be re-freshed.

Hoping for an improvement in beta 4.

4. kboggs

kboggs Bit poster

Doh! Sorry, my misunderstanding!

5. SFrawley

SFrawley Member

Fullscreen is nice, but . . .

Fullscreen is nice, but it resizes and moves many windows on my Mac desktop.

Looking Great though! I waited for something like this before buying a MacBook and I really like it.:)

6. mdrevs

mdrevs Bit poster

I had this problem, too. To fix it, I had to edit the configuration, choose the Network Adapter, then choose 'en1:Airport/Wireless Adapter' in the drop down menu under emulation.

Hope that helps.