Parallels transporter issue

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by jbtmg, Dec 5, 2006.

1. jbtmg

jbtmg Bit poster

Hi,

I am trying to use the PT and it migrates for a while, but than fails. On the PC side I see that the last message was "Hardware Changed". On the Mac side it just says "incomplete"

I tried to disable all un-needed services on the windows side (i.e; McAfee and others) but it still fails. I tried three times and still fails (each time on a different stage). I eliminated network traffic issues by connecting the PC directly to my Mac (MBP, 2GB RAM). Source PC is IBM ThinkPad running XP Pro (12GB drive C partition).

Error message is Migration is complete. The operation of migration has been aborted. To migrate later run Parallels Transporter once again. Click Finish to exit.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  2. ducati

ducati Bit poster

My issue is different to jbtmg's, but as it's related to the Windows side I thought I'd stick it here rather than starting a new thread.

I'm attempting to create an image of my existing W2K system locally without much success. I need to do it this way as due to environmental conditions my wireless network is too slow for transferring gigs of data in any reasonable time frame.

As soon as all of the options have been completed and I click the migrate button, it fails almost immediately with the following message:

Migration is complete. The operation of migration has been aborted. To migrate later run Parallels Transporter once again. Click Finish to exit.

- I attempted both the Express and Custom options.
    - I attempted create the image on the 2nd partition on the hdd, and on an external USB2 hdd.
    - I attempted to run PT after a normal log in with all normal system tray apps etc. running.
    - I attempted to run PT after closing all non-essential services/programs.
    - I created an exception for PT in my firewall s/w (just in case).

...and all possible combinations of the above options.

In every case the process is aborted almost immediately. Is there something obvious I'm doing wrong?

3. Jon Richardson

Jon Richardson Member

I am also getting the same problems as both of the previous posters in this thread.

I have tried with both real PC systems and with VPC images and both fail in one or other of the ways already described by the other posts.

Seems like there's something that we're all doing wrong, here, or maybe we have a bug?

MacBook Pro OSX 10.4.8