3036: Unable to select Emulation type for network

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by vasechka, Dec 5, 2006.

1. vasechka

vasechka Bit poster

Hi,

I installed new beta build, and when I tried to install Windows XP (by creating new image) and then after installing I can use only Bridged Ethernet for network emulation. This works good, until I need to connect to one of my servers via Firewire. I wasn't able to use Shared networking or Host-only networking because they're gray out. Do you know how to enable them?

Thanks.

2. vasechka

vasechka Bit poster

Does anyone knows an answer to my question?

3. MacManux

MacManux Bit poster

Reboot once?

Hi,

I think to remember an answer on this question from the Paralellels admin: You need to reboot your Mac once after installing the new beta, then shared network should be avialable again.

Haven't tried myself, but hope it helps.

4. vasechka

vasechka Bit poster

didn't work.
    is it disabled in trial version? it is only thing, which causing delays in purchasing Prallels desktop.

5. serv

serv Forum Maven

Try this from Mac Terminal (without quotes):
    'sudo /Applications/Parallels/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Resources/PvsvnicConfigure'
    then
    'sudo killall -HUP pvsnatd'

6. alexbet

alexbet Junior Member

Create a new virtual machine, that works for me for some reason. Shared networking is disabled for the first VM that I create when I install Parallels, but then when I create a new one (a second one) it is enabled. A bug!?!?

7. rthelen

rthelen Bit poster

Thanks!

I needed to add the a backslash after Parallels and before Desktop (in my quote above it's present for cut and paste). But, the tip helped. Thanks.