Mount .HDD Parallels drive in OSX

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by patrickmast, Dec 10, 2006.

1. patrickmast

patrickmast Member

Hi,

How can I mount a Parallels Hard Drive file (.HDD) so I can natevely use it in OSX without opening Parallels?
    --
    Sincerely,

Patrick Mast,
    xHarbour.com Inc.
    http://www.xHarbour.com

2. zwarbo

zwarbo Bit poster

If you mean to be able to add file etc, you can rename the .hdd to .dmg. Then you can mount it. Just rename it back to .hdd when you are done.

3. patrickmast

patrickmast Member

I actuly want to have it mount while its also open in a Parallels VM. I want to be able to read/write in the VM AND in OSX at the same time. :)

4. Art

Art Junior Member

Forget it, it's impossible since it would be dangerous for your data. Use Parallels' shared folders instead, or configure network file sharing if the OS you're using does not support Parallels Tools. ;-)

5. PubGuy

PubGuy Hunter

Yeah, I concur. That doesn't make sense.

Parallels Shared Folders is designed specifically for this.
    In addition, when 2.5 is ready, the drag and drop between the two environments will also accomplish the same thing.

6. neosublime

neosublime Member

Rename, and mount doesn't work.

7. ivanoats

ivanoats Bit poster

This solution doesn't work.

I also renamed the .hdd file to .dmg and the error I got was "no mountable file systems". I am attempting to mount the drive so that I can restore an xorg.conf file - otherwise my ubuntu system will not be able to boot, and I'll have to trash the whole partition, losing all data. Any suggestions?

8. rts

rts Bit poster

Single user mode and copy/paste the text.

9. ivanoats

ivanoats Bit poster

hi rts - thanks, sounds like a great suggestion - but how do I get into single user mode?