FAT32 fix this week?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by luomat, Dec 10, 2006.

1. luomat

luomat Hunter

It's getting a little tiresome to check the forum multiple times a day to see if there has been any progress updated.

Can someone at Parallels say if we can expect a FAT32 fix this week? Something a little more concrete than "it's coming"?

2. mjgrothaus

mjgrothaus Bit poster

I agree. A date would be nice.

3. luomat

luomat Hunter

I'd appreciate anything other than the complete and utter silence that we've been getting over an issue that should have been found before a beta was ever released.

4. ATXP

ATXP Member

I'm sure Parallels is working as fast as they could to fix whatever bugs in this beta release. But X'mas is around the corner and I'm sure they need a well-deserved break. I've got this feeling dat Parrallels may wanna push out the final candidate during the Macworld period. My estimation, we should see something in 30 days as from today. Okay, I'm speculating.

At least Parallels is progressing. I know another company has a hard time delivering a software fix or upgrade since October last year. Yup, October 2005. No update ever since and they are still selling the product. And I'm having a hard time because I'm on an Intel-based Mac. Their PowerPC-based software even sucks under PPC Macs! And an Intel/UB version is not in sight at all!

5. kperry7505

kperry7505 Member

I think you're right. After a week with no posts by Parallels guys, it looks like no new beta for a while. There are some pretty big bugs for them to fix- the WindowsXP activation bug, the USB bug, the FAT32 Bootcamp bug.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  6. luomat

luomat Hunter

Support still learning the ropes

That's fine, but there's no reason that I should have to come back day after day to see if there is a new version if they are going to tackle all of these problems at once.

All they needed to do was say "We are working on the next beta release which will address the activation issue and the FAT32 issue. USB2 remains on the schedule for the next major release. We do not expect to have a new beta until after the holidays."

OR

"We hope to have a new release before the holidays."

OR

"We hope to have a new beta this week"

This idea of releasing a beta and then going silent isn't a very good one. I realize that they are busy, but it doesn't create a lot of confidence.