Accessing Guest OS files on Host OS

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Goose, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Goose

Goose Bit poster

Hello,
    I'm running Mac OS X.4.8 as a host OS and Win XP SP2 as a Guest OS with Parallels 3036.
    My main goals with running Parallels is to be able to run IIS (Windows webserver), however, I want my web root folder to be editable on the Mac side. IIS web root can not be set to a a shared folder (this is already handeled in another thread). Therefor I want to share my web root folder on the windows side, typically, c:/inetpub/wwwroot, and mount it at the os x side. However, when I try this I only get read permissions, even tho I've given full permisions when I enabled sharing of that folder.

I tried connectinth with both smb: smb://10.37.129.3/wwwroot and cifs: cifs://WORKGROUP;Goose@gooseac9b/wwwroot
    Both variants works but I cant seem to be allowed to actually write to the mounted folders.

Best regards
    Emil
    Sweden

2. Goose

Goose Bit poster

....or any other solution to the problem

3. stokkes

stokkes Member

You should make sure that you set both the Sharing and Security settings for the WWW root folder.

give the user you authenticate with on your Windows VM "Full Control" in both "Sharing" and "security" tabs when you right click on the WWW root folder and Choose properties.