Windows XP using Parallels and Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by puckman, Dec 14, 2006.

1. puckman

puckman Bit poster

Just installed the new beta of Parallels with bootcamp support as that makes a LOT of sense (thanks guys).

Just thought I would share my first findings.

After booting into Windows via Parallels I found that it took a while before it would take my keyboard input on my MacBook. It refused to see either trackpad or external mouse till I installed the parallels tools.

I also noticed that it seems to take more system resources as my MacBook gets a lot hotter.

I played with coherence while using a disk image but found it does not work when using the bootcamp partition. To be honest that's fine by me as it strikes me as a fun toy, not something I would like to use.

And lastly I found that graphic performance is MUCH slower when using the bootcamp install vs a disk image, anyone got any ideas why that might be?

2. Atomic_Fusion

Atomic_Fusion Hunter

puckman wrote" "I played with coherence while using a disk image but found it does not work when using the bootcamp partition.
    ---
    Ah! That explains my situation.

3. sfuller

sfuller Member

I have had no issues with Coherence working properly while I'm using my Bootcamp partition. I haven't done extensive testing, but I did enough to know that it does work on my machine, with my installs.

4. Atomic_Fusion

Atomic_Fusion Hunter

Double good for you! Thanks for the great pointers and explanations...

5. puckman

puckman Bit poster

Ok, all seems fine apart from one seriously annoying problem, every time I switch from Bootcamp to Parallels I have to reactivate my copy. URG.