Window positioning problem in Beta 4

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by palter, Apr 18, 2006.

1. palter

palter Hunter

It appears that Beta 4 no longer remembers the window position of VMs under some conditions.

I'm running on a MacBook Pro whose screen resolution is 1440x900. (I keep my Dock on the left edge of the screen.) My guest VM's resolution is 1280x800. When it's running, the window is just a bit taller than the screen (i.e., the bottom of the bottom toolbar is cutoff). I suspend the VM and quit Parallels. When I relaunch, the VM's window is now centered on the screen instead of positioned in the upper left where I left it.

2. lancetx

lancetx Junior Member

I have the exact same issue here. This behavior did not occur prior to Beta 4.

3. SandyKrav

SandyKrav Bit poster

Same here. It would be nice to get that feature back so you don't have to reposition the VM window on every startup.

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

It is already fixed and will be included in the nearest update.

5. PubGuy

PubGuy Hunter

Every time I start Parallels with beta 4, the Parallels window is coming up centered to my display. I keep moving it to the upper left corner of the screen, yet each time I launch Parallels, the window pops up dead center. I don't see any user options defining screen position and this did not happen with the prior 3 beta's.

MacBookPro - OS X 10.4.6

6. palter

palter Hunter

That's the exact problem we're discussing in this thread and Andrew from Parallels just stated that it will be fixed in the next beta.

7. PubGuy

PubGuy Hunter

From reading the thread, it sounded like it was the VM window itself that was mispositioned, to the Parallels sheet window (with no VM running or saved). Just wanted to clarify that point.