USB not working for me on 3036

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mrfearless47, Dec 16, 2006.

1. mrfearless47

mrfearless47 Member

I installed 3036 about a week ago. I'm running it on a Mac Pro and I've had no difficulty up to now. Today I plugged in one of my several thumb drives and I got a warning that it hadn't been disconnected properly and OSX took control. I ejected the drive from OSX and installed each of the other thumb drives I have (none of which had ever been used with my Windows XP VM. I got exactly the same message. There is NO way I can use 3036 with any of my USB thumb drives. This was not a problem before; now it is a show-stopper for me. I even uninstalled the Parallels Tools for 3036 and reinstalled them again. No luck.

Other ideas?

2. chris_phs

chris_phs Bit poster

I can't help you as I havent upgraded yet, but have you experienced any other issues that are dealbreakers for making the upgrade from 1970 just out of curiosity? Other than your issue in this thread of course. The coherency feature is most attractive to me, but I'l wait for a more stable version if necessary...

Thanks.

3. mrfearless47

mrfearless47 Member

Until I tried to use my thumbdrives, 3036 seemed pretty stable for me. The moment I reinstalled 1970, my thumbdrives started working again. I may brave upgrading again to see if something got corrupted in the process.