Suse 10.2 Hangs on Hardware Config

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by eodchop, Dec 13, 2006.

1. eodchop

eodchop Junior Member

Perhaps someone out there can help me. I am attempting to install Suse 10.2 on a Macbook Pro. I get all through the 5 disks, I am then prompted to set a root password and to setup the user(s). After this it goes into a analyzing your system. This is where it just hangs and hangs. The first item is the graphics card. By default it uses Vesa for the driver and set my screen rosolution to 800x600. I have attempted to install twice and it still just hangs there with the clock spinning away. I even let it sit over night to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas how i can get past this?

Thank you in advance!

2. fbronner

fbronner Pro

What version of Parallel are you running.

With version 3036, I did not get stuck at the graphic card, though I got stuck later at the configuration of the sound card. But by then, I just rebooted, refused the option to continue and all was well.

I have since then installed oracle in that session and it works real well.

3. eodchop

eodchop Junior Member

Suse 10.2

I am running build 1970

4. fbronner

fbronner Pro

5. ehowell

ehowell Bit poster

I just had this same problem attempting to install on a Windows box.

Basically I just killed the virtual machine when I was stuck at hardware detection and forced a reboot. When SUSE asked me if I wanted to continue the installation I said no, and upon my first login SAX prompted me to set up the geometries...

Maybe that helps?

6. peterwor

peterwor Hunter

Eodchop,
    I would recommend downloading and installing the pre-built SUSE 10.2 install from GFBurke. It works great for me on my MBP. I haven't tried installing it from scratch, with his prebuilts there is no reason to, frankly.
    Check it out...

HTH,
    Peter