Boot camp on separate disks supported?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by j-active, Dec 2, 2006.

1. j-active

j-active Member

I have run into a problem. I have a 2nd disk with bootcamp installed. When I tried to install the tools for boot camp app, I received an error that says, "Your configuration is not currently supported, but we hope to resolve this in an upcoming release". And the installer just quits.

Hardware: Mac Pro, 2GB, 2 disks (one is OS X, the other is NTFS/Windows XP SP2 using bootcamp)

What is the specific conflict and how do I resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

2. j-active

j-active Member

Parallels and everyone-

Has anyone else experienced this?

What exactly is the un-supported configuration? Are there any log files I can look at or can you give me some insight into why the bootcamp for parallels tool is failing?

This is a pretty standard setup!

3. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

from what ive read on here, no..

4. j-active

j-active Member

Here's the log file:

Set Logging to 2
    bctool_install() finished with rc 4
    Your Boot Camp has configuration that is not supported by the current version of Parallels Tools for Boot Camp. This limitation will be removed in the nearest update.
    Setup cannot be continued.

Any ideas???

5. Sorli

Sorli Bit poster

Same Problem Here...

I'm having the same probem here...

Typical and my run of luck when it comes to Parallel Desktop. I have a number of Mac clients in the process of integrating these tools into their new Mac Intel systems and things have been pretty much Hit and Mis (mostly Mis) with the latest Beta version of Parallels Desktop 3036. My issue on my Mac Pro workstation reports:

Set Logging to 2
    bctool_install() finished with rc 4
    Your Boot Camp has configuration that is not supported by the current version of Parallels Tools for Boot Camp. This limitation will be removed in the nearest update.
    Setup cannot be continued​

Windows Corporate XP SP2 is installed on the same harddrive as Mac OS - using the standard bootcamp process, but I'm befuddled on why my Mac Pro is having issues and significantly more problems then my clients who have iMacs (they have other problems covered in other messages that I'm also trying to workout).

Hopefully the error message that reports "this limitation will be removed in the nearest update" will resolve the problem when their next version of software comes out.

Also, my Mac Pro system has a number of harddrives (fully stocked configuration) which I've used to backup both Mac Os and Windows XP installations and I plan to use these backups to format the hard drives and start over when I have some time this coming month end.

Please drop me a message if you have any other news or can help resolve this problem?

Eitherway, I've begun stearing my clients away from Parallel Desktop until the BETA (ALPHA is more appropriate) issues can be worked out. :rolleyes:

Thanks,

Brian...