Clipboard functionality 1/2 broken in 3036

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by tomservo291, Dec 8, 2006.

1. tomservo291

tomservo291 Member

I've never had a problem with the clipboard synchronization (I use it probably a thousand times a day when I'm at work.) But with build 3036, it works intermittently at best.

When it stops working, windows will stil copy/paste what is in the clipboard that was was last created (either with cmd+c or ctrl+c in windows), and if I copy something in OS X you can check the contents of the clipboard through parallels tools and see that it is set to the clipboard in OS X, but when you paste in windows, it pastes the last thing that was copied in windows.

If I clear the clipboard in parallels tools, the next copy (and next copy only) will reliably work properly.

2. veggiedude

veggiedude Hunter

I am not able to reproduce your problem. The clip board works fine for me every time in 3036.

3. judisohn

judisohn Junior Member

I am having a similar issue as tomservo291. Since build 3036, the clipboard sync will stop working suddenly out of nowhere. I can restart the VM and get it back, but then I never know when it will go away again when I need it.

4. danaspiegel

danaspiegel Bit poster

same problem here

I'm having the same problem here with 3036.

Not only do the cmd-c, cmd-v keys not work on the windows side, but even when I use the windows copy/paste features, the clipboard isn't synced.

5. tomservo291

tomservo291 Member

I have resorted to re-mapping the left apple key to control in the XP VM. Hopefully this will only be a temporary work-around until the next official build... as I can no longer use my beloced windows hot-keys. The only thing that makes windows almost usable for me (show desktop etc hot keys.) I cant stand the near necessity for all the clicking!