Mac Pro, Boot Camp and latest build

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by wynlyndd, Dec 13, 2006.

1. wynlyndd

wynlyndd Bit poster

First off, kudos Parallels. I am so glad I went ahead and purchased a license. Helps me support my mother who is still a Windows user as well as the few apps I must run in windows (a few activeX websites :( ) Seamless drag and drop from desktop to desktop is so nice.

However,

I cannot get Parallels to use the Boot Camp partition. It always BSODs around mup.sys it appears.

Any help or ideas?

I have the tools installed and did that before attempting my first use. I have been selecting the right profiles I believe.

No luck. Fairly standard Mac Pro. 3GB RAM and stock 250GB drive with 2 X 2.66Ghz procs.

2. ChrisH

ChrisH Bit poster

I am having the exact same problem.

MacPro
    Dual 2.66ghz
    2gb Ram

Any workarounds or bug fixes from Parallels that you know of?

3. jcoireangus

jcoireangus Bit poster

Sorry, I didn't understand everything you said, but when I first tried to set up Parallels to use the boot camp partition, it failed with an unhelpful error message. The solution was to convert my filesystem from FAT32 to NTSF (search the web for "convert fat32 NTSF" for instructions).

After conversion, I was able to boot. However, the mouse drivers don't seem to work as I don't have control of the mouse. I can log in using keyboard commands and navigate, so aside from that, all seems okay, but I think the installation of the parallels tools was incomplete or failed. I'm still working on that issue. If anyone has suggestions, please post a reply! unlike some folks who've reported similar problems, I do have full access to the keyboard.

4. ChrisH

ChrisH Bit poster

I installed the parallels tools in the bootcamp install, and it does prompt me for the profile when I launch parallels. It just gives a BSOD about 2 seconds into the boot. If I try in safe mode, it craps out on MUP.SYS.

It's already a 120gb NTFS partition used in Bootcamp, so that's not it. I think it may have more to do with the MacPro than anything.