True Boot Server question

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by aturner10, Dec 20, 2006.

1. aturner10

aturner10 Bit poster

I'm the only Mac in my office and we are getting ready to switch to a True Server after the new year. The way I understand it, we will be booting into Windows from the server. Is there any way that Parallels will be able to do this? The server will have Windows 2003 Server on it. I'm on a Macbook CD and currently running an activated copy of Parallels using the 3036 Beta Build.

I'm new to the boards, thanks for the help.

2. aturner10

aturner10 Bit poster

bump, anybody?

3. SirRichard

SirRichard Junior Member

Doesn't this require a network card and BIOS with BOOTP support? I do not really believe Apple to be strong on this. Macs normally do not boot their OS from a server (or am I wrong?).

4. aturner10

aturner10 Bit poster

I don't know about any of that. I'm really clueless when it comes to this kind of stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

5. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Parallels Virtual Machine simulates the whole hardware PC. That is why, as long as your software could be started inside your PC hardware, you should be able to run it inside Parallels VM. If software does not run inside virtualized environment, this should be assumed as a bug and we will appreciate your help in resolving it.

Regards,
    Max.

6. aturner10

aturner10 Bit poster

thanks for the reply. i'll let you know when we make the switch in a couple of weeks.