How To: F9 & F10 in Windows?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by msanchez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. msanchez

msanchez Bit poster

I'm on a Macbook Pro and need the F9 and F10 keys in windows. Anyone know how to do this?

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

Plenty of people know how to do it. Probably they are more likely to read about your problem if you post on the mac tech forum. Instead of here on the how to for solutions forum.

Of course if you rely on a reply, anywhere on these forums, you will have to wait. If you search, you can get the answer almost instantly.

3. msanchez

msanchez Bit poster

sorry I know I posted this in the wrong place. Thanks for moving it. I tried seaching but didn't find anything. Guess I'm not searching for the right thing.

4. palter

palter Hunter

Press and hold the "fn" key (lower left) before pressing F9 or F10 (or any other function key for that matter). If you want to reverse the meaning of the "fn" key (i.e., so that F9 is just F9 and fn+F9 controls the keyboard backlighting), go to the "Keyboard & Mouse" preference panel and select "Use the F1-F12 keys to control software features" on the Keyboard tab.

Note that F9 and F10, by default, invoke Expose functions. You can turn that off in the Dashboard and Expose preference panel.

5. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

I believe you can get what you want with CMD+F9 sequence instead of standalone F9. This makes sence if you have proplems with the default `Expose` behaviour.
    If you problem is that you control keyboard LED instead of getting 'real' F9, than you need to reassign 'software control' for these keys in the keyboard control panel.