Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3094 Beta 2 is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Dec 21, 2006.

1. steve1496

steve1496 Bit poster

Yeah will someone who got the beta please mirror it???

Thanks..

2. sandau

sandau Member

yeah, post a torrent please. i wish parallels would torrent their files, much more efficient and scalable!!

download page has been dugg. digg.com is the culprit.

3. alexrodriguez

alexrodriguez Bit poster

4. chrislee149

chrislee149 Junior Member

I'm still getting a BSOD 0x0000007B when starting Windows in Parallels. :( In addition, I can't even boot with Boot Camp. After the progress bar, the screen just remains black.

I wish I at least knew why this is so... as of now, Parallels is completely unusable to me and a few others, while most other people have it working.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  5. don montalvo

don montalvo Hunter

woohoo!!! :)

don

6. don montalvo

don montalvo Hunter

do we need to uninstall boot camp within the windows environment? if so, can do, just wanted to check because it'll involve two more activations. one to get into bootcamp, one to get back. :)

don

7. Nick Starr

Nick Starr Bit poster

http://www.NickStarr.com/ParallelsDesktop3094Macen.dmg is up and running for a mirror.

Plenty of bandwidth and speed so feel free to download from here. I've got it up and working with my FAT32 Boot Camp partition and it works great.

Thanks again Parallels team for another great beta.

8. merlyn383

merlyn383 Bit poster

9. VLMaples

VLMaples Bit poster

The select all worked once, but now none of the command+keystrokes are working afer a restart. I did update the tools.

Valerie
    running Parallels build 3036 data on an Intel Core 2 duo iMac
    virtual machine running Windows XP Pro, 924 RAM, 50GB hard drive

10. rufosx

rufosx Member

Looks good so far. Was pretty shocked to see my Visual Studio icons in the OS X dock. Then I quickly turned that feature off. With 3 dev VMs open all the time, thats too many icons for my dock.

And I'm depressed to see the Parallel's dock icons still all named the same thing. Oh well, the rest of the app is very solid.

I might even try my TomTom under Windows with USB 2...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  11. arfung

arfung Junior Member

Canon MF4150 USB 2.0 scanner works!

Nice job!

My Canon multifunction device did not work with any of the previous releases, but works like a charm with this one. I continue to be amazed by Parallels.

12. rufosx

rufosx Member

Arrgghhh. Full screen mode is completely broken on multiple displays.

I run without coherency (I have 3 VMs running). If I set a VM to full screen, it now ALWAYS grabs my primary display. In the past it would grab the display where the window lived when I pushed the full screen button. Now I can't get the VM on the display i want.

13. luomat

luomat Hunter

14. manfredell

manfredell Hunter

I still cannot HOTSYNC my PALM TREO. Same bug as in the latest beta. Worked fine in 1970!!!

15. dfbills

dfbills Junior Member

It's not working...

I'm still unable to boot off of my fat32 partition with the latest build. Same error as last build "Unable to open disk image Boot Camp!"

16. valkraider

valkraider Junior Member

We have this same problem.

Used to use Parallels on 2nd monitor, now it always grabs the primary display when we go to full screen.

Definately a bug.

17. pcalver

pcalver Junior Member

I feel I owe it to the developers and the other members of this forum to report that I had an unbelievably successful initial install of this version of the beta using my Boot Camp partition. The VM came up immediately, and automatically installed the Parallels Tools on the Boot Camp disk. You have no mouse or keyboard control during that time, but the process is automatic, including a reboot. You have to be very patient, as it took several minutes to complete on my MB Pro 2.16 Core Duo. Once the reboot is finished, you have mouse and keyboard, including any keyboard mappings modified to do Ctrl-Alt-Del in Boot Camp. That was excellent. I did a reactivation of my off-the-shelf Win XP when prompted, and so far so good. I tried out all my usual software and works fine. The coherency mode makes it seem like a dual OS desktop, as intended. I am now VERY impressed with Parallels. Thanks for getting Boot Camp disk utilization right, Parallels team.

18. kperry7505

kperry7505 Member

Not only can I not HotSync my Tungsten T3, but the hack I used successfully in build 3036, typing "sudo kextunload -b com.parallels.kext.ConnectUSB" in the terminal" no longer works.

19. bayz

bayz Junior Member

I still can't use boot camp, on the BIOS loading screen I get "Boot from hard drive... Error loading operating system"

20. coolshoes

coolshoes Bit poster

Coherence is disabled and won't allow enabling. Tried uninstalling the tools and reinstalling...still no dice. Arrgh. Mac Mini, core duo, 10.4.8 w/ XP Pro on parallels.