Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3094 Beta 2 is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Dec 21, 2006.

1. STim

STim Bit poster

manfredell, kperry7505 - what are exactly your Palms names and versions? I'm buying this one immediately...

dfbillz, bayz and any other guys having troubles booting Boot Camp - will you please post here the follwing:
    - How many HDDs does your Mac have?
    - Where is your Boot Camp partition located?
    - What is the OS installed on Boot Camp exact name and version? Is it 64-bit one or 32-bit one?
    - open Terminal, issue the "mount" command and post its output here please

rufosx, vilkraider - which Macs do you have? Which graphics cards do they have onboard?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  2. Soprano

Soprano Bit poster

My Boot Camp option is greyed out also, but I have Vista RTM on my partition. Is Vista not supported for Boot Camp yet?

3. MrMacHead

MrMacHead Member

4. allard

allard Bit poster

Coherence stopped working

Hi guys,

just bought my MBP and installed Parallels one week ago. I installed build 3036 and was blown away with the coherence mode. Instantly hooked, well done.

With the latest beta coherence stopped working, as I saw one earlier post on in this forum as well. I've done all the usual stuff, reboot the Mac, reboot XP, reinstall Parallels, reboot Mac again and it still shows up as not enabled with the option the enable it greyed out in the parallel tools.

I'll probably revert to 3036 and hope that it won't screw up my XP installation and hope for a resolution quickly.

Keep up the great work.

5. ecarr

ecarr Bit poster

bootcamp issues

Previous Parallels beta was working fine for both booting Bootcamp partition from Mac OS X + separately. Now my Bootcamp partition seems gone (can't even boot into Bootcamp now at all ...). Beta 2 works fine for a file Parallels HDD, but bootcamp partition is broken.

How much HDDs does your Mac have?

MBP Core 2 Duo with 1 HDD, 2 partitions (15GB for Bootcamp).

Where is your Boot Camp partition located?

2nd partition on the MacBook Pro drive (basic deployment option for Bootcamp).

What is the OS installed on Boot Camp exact name and version? Is it 64-bit one or 32-bit one?

32-bit WinXP SP2

Open Terminal, issue the "mount" command and post its output here please

$ mount
    /dev/disk0s2 on / (local, journaled)
    devfs on /dev (local)
    fdesc on /dev (union)
    <volfs> on /.vol
    automount -nsl [167] on /Network (automounted)
    automount -fstab [224] on /automount/Servers (automounted)
    automount -static [224] on /automount/static (automounted)

6. Tu13es

Tu13es Bit poster

I installed the previous beta, and was able to use my previous XP VM with coherence and everything working fine. However, I have yet to boot with my Boot Camp partition. Every time I boot to my BC partition, I get a BSOD. It's usually PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED. This is the case for Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, and Start Windows Normally. With this beta I uninstalled Parallels Tools for Boot Camp but still am not able to boot to my Boot Camp partition.

What gives?

7. BBH

BBH Junior Member

I initially installed the 3094 build over 3036 and it seemed to be going ok.. When the Guest OS (WXP Home) started up, it popped up some stuff about new video drivers..I selected the default (top) choice...I THINK it hiccuped...

When I went to restart the Guest OS, it locked on a black screen after the few second or two of the log on logo...

I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times with the same black screen result. I have now gone back to 3036 which appears to be ok.

Awaiting Beta 3....

8. kperry7505

kperry7505 Member

Palm HotSync Doesn't work in beta 2

Tim,
    My Palm name is "Bud's Tungsten T3" It is running Palm OS 5.2.1

9. dfbills

dfbills Junior Member

How much HDDs does your Mac have?

MBP Core Duo with 1 100GB HDD, 2 partitions with 10GB for Bootcamp

Where is your Boot Camp partition located?

2nd partition on the MacBook Pro drive (basic deployment option for Bootcamp).

What is the OS installed on Boot Camp exact name and version? Is it 64-bit one or 32-bit one?

32-bit WinXP SP2

Open Terminal, issue the "mount" command and post its output here please

/dev/disk0s2 on / (local, journaled)
    devfs on /dev (local)
    fdesc on /dev (union)
    <volfs> on /.vol
    automount -nsl [225] on /Network (automounted)
    automount -fstab [236] on /automount/Servers (automounted)
    automount -static [236] on /automount/static (automounted)
    /dev/disk1s2 on /Volumes/iDisk (local, nodev, nosuid, journaled, mounted by dfbills)
    http://idisk.mac.com/dfbills/ on /Volumes/dfbills (nodev, noexec, nosuid, mounted by dfbills)
    /dev/disk0s3 on /Volumes/WINDOWSHD (local)

10. dailo

dailo Member

So I installed the new beta before removing parallels bootcamp drivers, got too excited and didn't ready everything...

So I installed back the old beta, booted in the Parallels and tried to uninstall the BootCamp Parallels driver, told I had to do it in BC so I rebooted. Then I see that I have an HAL.dll error in Bootcamp. Is there anyway I can remove the BootCamp Parallel drivers from within parallels or to fix the hall.dll error without reinstalling? Thanks.

11. S_Watts

S_Watts Bit poster

FAT32 fix is working!!!

:) I loaded the new beta and all is working properly with boot camp

MacBook Pro Dual Core 2.33
    120 GB

Once parallels booted to the boot camp partition, I had to reactivate all my microsoft programs. I restarted a couple times to check about reactivating with no problems. I am scared to go into direct boot camp partition. Is it going to make me reactivate in parallels again and again.

Also, I want to remove my old VM partition since I can boot directly into boot camp. Please help!!!

12. bradrellinger

bradrellinger Bit poster

ditto. same thing.

Will not allow me to Enable Coherence in the Parallels Tools Center. Uninstalled tools and reinstalled with no luck.

MacBook 2Ghz, 2GB RAM, 10.4.8, XP Pro - boot camp.

13. rufosx

rufosx Member

Mac Pro 2.66 with the 7300 GT nVidia card. I have 2 1680x1050 displays, with the dock and menu bar on the right screen (dock is right side). I want to run my VM in the left display, but they keep jumping to the right one. Worked fine in previous betas.

14. Praedicator

Praedicator Bit poster

After reading the release notes for 3094 I'm ready to make the jump from Boot Camp only to Boot Camp + Parallels!

There are a few questions that don't seemed to be answered by reading through the cornucopia of threads on the Boot Camp + Parallels issue:

1.) If you have already activated Windows XP on Boot Camp, what is the procedure for having activation work in Parallels and Boot Camp?

1a.) The Release Notes say to only activate once in Parallels, but what if you've already activated in Boot Camp?

Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

15. derek

derek Bit poster

Coherence Issues

LOVE the new mac dock implementation!! Cant wait to work out the bugs... which are bothersome...

Runnin a MBPro, 2GB, external 20"monitor.

Was able to run coherence in my external monitor without issue in the previous beta. Cant now. It places the toolbar in the middle of the monitor.

Cant run full screen in the external monitor. It places full screen on the MBP.

Coherence doesnt identify screen borders properly. In fact, Parallels doesnt seem to either. The virtual machine window pops up under the top menubar. You can drag WIN programs under the menu bar as well.

16. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

I second that thanks :)

17. noah93

noah93 Bit poster

Mirror:

Don't know if the tubes are still flooded, but this just got on Diggs homepage, so we'll see. Anyways, I set up a mirror @ http://lackstein.com/pardes.dmg

Noah

18. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

Updagrading and Auto Coherence mode Warning

I had coherence mode set to come on automatically when the VM started.

I suggest you turn this off prior to starting the VM for the first time under Beta 2

I had it lock up with the windows screen in a wierd resolution and the screen halfway across in slide mode.

So, once again TURN OFF startup in Coherence Mode till after you have installed Parallel tools

:D

19. vinneh

vinneh Member

the bootcamp option is greyed out for me.

HERE IS MY PARTITION MAP :D

macbook:~ vinny$ sudo diskutil list
    Password:
    /dev/disk0
    #: type name size identifier
    0: GUID_partition_scheme *74.5 GB disk0
    1: EFI 200.0 MB disk0s1
    2: Apple_HFS osx 40.0 GB disk0s2
    3: Microsoft Basic Data 10.0 GB disk0s3
    4: Microsoft Basic Data 24.2 GB disk0s4
    /dev/disk1
    #: type name size identifier
    0: Apple_partition_scheme *49.3 MB disk1
    1: Apple_partition_map 31.5 KB disk1s1
    2: Apple_HFS Parallels Desktop 49.3 MB disk1s2

My windows partition is "disk0s4" i.e the last partition. I suspect most of us who used diskutil to manually partition would have made our windows partitions as the last partition.

anyone else want to post your partition maps so these dudes can get this figured out for us :D

20. vinneh

vinneh Member

oops sorry forgot the rest of the info.

HERE IS MY MOUNT OUTPUT

macbook:~ vinny$ mount
    /dev/disk0s2 on / (hfs, local, journaled)
    devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
    fdesc on /dev (fdesc, union)
    automount -fstab [184] on /automount/Servers (nfs, automounted)
    automount -static [184] on /automount/static (nfs, automounted)
    /dev/disk1s2 on /Volumes/Parallels Desktop (hfs, local, nodev, nosuid, read-only, noowners, mounted by vinny)

i am running windows xp corp 32 bit