Confused about Coherence

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Brewser, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Brewser

Brewser Bit poster

How do you create program icons in Coherence to add to the doc and desktop. I can't seem to figure this out and the help file is no help on this at all.
    When I run Coherence the windows taskbar is still on the screen but windows fills most of my desktop. I thought it was suppose to not show windows in the background.
    Please let me know.
    Thanks,

2. BenInBlack

BenInBlack Pro

its under top apple menu bar parallels desktop/preferences

3. Brewser

Brewser Bit poster

Still not sure what to turn on. I can't drag program icons to the mac desktop or the doc. My windows taksbar is still on the bottom of the screen.
    I dragged one program over to the mac desktop and tried to run it and it asks me to select which application to use to open.
    I thought this would be simple.
    Thanks for the help.

4. rross

rross Bit poster

When you are in Coherence mode, the Windows application that you open auomatically is added to the Mac Dock .. If you right click on that icon, you can 'Add to Favorites' to keep it in the Dock for quick launching

5. Brewser

Brewser Bit poster

So the Windows taksbar is always on the bottom of the screen regardless in Coherence? I thought the list of features shows that Coherence runs in the background and you don't see windows? If I close Parallels and run the shortcut icon on the mac desktop it loads Parallels and then runs the app but it doesn't automatically go in Coherence mode.
    Is this correct?

6. Sele

Sele Bit poster

Windows Toolbar

To get rid of the taskbar, go to Parallels menu, edit, virtual machine. Click on Coherence then uncheck the "show" box under windows task bar. This will rid the osx desktop of the windows bar.

7. jtenenb

jtenenb Member

Thats a pretty cool feature and improvement over the previous build. Parallels just needs to make their documentation and option settings more obvious and less scattered for the average user.

8. rjbailey

rjbailey Member

Alternatively you can show the Windows taskbar on the right edge of the screen so it won't interfere with the Dock.