MacDrive Incompatible

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Nicolo, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Nicolo

Nicolo Bit poster

If anyone of you has MacDrive utility installed in WIndows, in order to be able to access Mac partition files, you will not be able to boot windows via Parallels. You will have before to disable the utility.

2. whitllam

whitllam Bit poster

I have the new Beta 2 running off of my Boot Camp partition with MacDrive installed and I'm able to boot in just fine both through Parallels and directly through Boot Camp; however, in Parallels, MacDrive is disabled, but this can be worked around with the Parallels drive mapping in the prefs.

3. Nicolo

Nicolo Bit poster

You are right, you must have the utility disabled!

4. angelo

angelo Bit poster

Could you explain exactly how you got macdrive working while in boot camp mode? Parallels seems to have disabled it, even though the control panel says it's enabled!

Thanks,
    Angelo

5. mcqueary

mcqueary Member

No, you don't have to do anything. MacDrive simply doesn't function inside the Parallels VM, which the poster you're responding to just stated. You should be able to boot a Parallels "Boot Camp" VM with no issue -- MacDrive just won't work - your mapped drive will not show up.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  6. mcqueary

mcqueary Member

He's not saying that he got it to work under Boot Camp; rather, he is saying that he found other methods (using Parallels shared folders) to see Mac folders from his Parallels Boot Camp VM.