Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3094 Beta 2 is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Dec 21, 2006.

1. jkp

jkp Bit poster

Truly Amazing

This releas is absolutely amazing. I'm sorry but I never imagined Parallels would nail it this good. Why am I so over the moon?

Coherence + Favorites + Hidden Toolbar option + Command Tab between *all* apps = COMPLETE INTEGRATION!!!!

And a tip for you all: In your ~/Username/Library/Parallels folder there is folder with all your favorite windows applications in when you add them (right click in dock and add to favorites)....the best thing? I can now launch any of my favorite windows apps via Quicksilver.

INCREDIBLE.

If they nail multiple monitor coherence and BootCamp properly we'll be all set.

The only other things I'd like to see:

1: A way to have a partition on the internal drive mounted natively in Windows if it's not mounted in OS X (This would be a godsend for me as a developer because I could share data between the two via something like MacDrive saving me a ton of space)
    2: Snapshots....but I'm happy to wait for that!

Merry Christmas Parallels - sterling effort.

JKP

2. Emoye

Emoye Bit poster

Authenticate

Every time I try to Start BootCamp with Parallels it ask me to Authenticate is this right? are they not some way save this so it will just start with out asking

Useing Fat32

3. Kage Musha

Kage Musha Bit poster

In Windows. Open the 'Start Menu' (clicky Start)
    You should have a function named "Run"
    Open it, it will have an input line and the buttons 'OK' and 'Browse'.
    Copy and paste sc delete "parallels coherence service" in the input line and hit 'OK'
    That should do the trick.

About the mirror I posted. I got plenty of bandwidth to spare. And the File is only 33 MB big :p

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  4. merlyn383

merlyn383 Bit poster

hal.dll corrupt?

This build works fantastically on my local VMs, but when I added the BootCamp VM it booted fine, and then black screened while installing the newest Parallels Tools and now won't come out of it. When I try to boot into the BC volume natively it tells me that hal.dll is corrupted or missing.

- How many HDDs does your Mac have?
    1 HDD, 2 partitions

- Where is your Boot Camp partition located?
    Main HDD, 120GB divided 95 OS X - 25 Windows

- What is the OS installed on Boot Camp exact name and version? Is it 64-bit one or 32-bit one?
    Windows XP Pro SP2 32bit

- open Terminal, issue the "mount" command and post its output here please
    /dev/disk0s2 on / (local, journaled)
    devfs on /dev (local)
    fdesc on /dev (union)
    <volfs> on /.vol
    automount -nsl [242] on /Network (automounted)
    automount -fstab [253] on /automount/Servers (automounted)
    automount -static [253] on /automount/static (automounted)
    /dev/disk0s3 on /Volumes/Untitled (local, read-only)

5. merlyn383

merlyn383 Bit poster

jkp:

I believe that your drive mount wish would be technically impossible, since mounting that drive in the Windows VM would require OS X to unmount that drive (impossible since you are running the OS off that drive. However, 3036 and 3094 do allow file drag and drop between OS X and the VM. If anyone disagrees with this, please correct me.

By snapshots, are you talking about screenshots?

6. http://www.dschmid.com

http://www.dschmid.com Bit poster

Mirror

OK, here's yet another mirror. Will be up all weekend or if I forget, probably well into next week.

UPDATE: I deleted the file from my server. Parallels' servers are able to cope with the demand now. For those interested: My mirror served 130 copies totalling about 3.4GB of traffic. Luckily my hosting provider doesn't care :D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2006
  7. lithe951

lithe951 Member

Ya almost got me. :) I've had a policy of not upgrading until the official release, but this one looked so good I almost installed the beta. But then I read about the multi-monitor problem. I use a MBP core duo with an external 20" cinema display set as primary. When this is fixed, I'll upgrade.

Thanks Parallels, I'm still using 1970 with very little to complain about. Merry Christmas!

Mark

8. Olivier

Olivier Forum Maven

Great!!!
    Too bad Parallels didn't posted an official MD5/SHA1 of the image.

9. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

10. sfuller

sfuller Member

I am seeing this same behavior as well on a MBP running 10.4.8. Worked as expected in the last release. Request to fix this please. :)

11. akac

akac Hunter

One issue I keep having is this build keeps crashing on my constantly. The whole Parallels crashes. First time I got a KP after starting a VM with Coherence on before I installed the new tools. Fixed that. Next time was accessing the shared folders and Parallels just crashed with the normal OS X Close/Report/Reopen dialog. Then I did a Parallels Compress and again at the very end sometime (it takes a long time) in the night it crashed as I got back to my MacBookPro and it was crashed again.

I never had any crashes with previous builds. I've completely uninstalled Parallels Tools. Restarted. Reinstalled the first time.

12. Kage Musha

Kage Musha Bit poster

a42f3f145d1e43b73824aeb0c46b9dc3 *ParallelsDesktop3094Macen.dmg

Mirror: http://www.kmcreaxion.com/temp/ParallelsDesktop3094Macen.dmg

MD5 I created myself...so you can check if the file you downloaded is complete...
    And yes, they should post a Checksum.

13. sixth

sixth Bit poster

WOW! what a great christmas present! FINALLY the ability to burn INSIDE of a VM...I CANT wait to try this out...downloading now :)

14. miker51

miker51 Member

15. davpel

davpel Bit poster

Running the new beta on my 2 ghz Macbook with Vista RC2 and all I can say is . . . Wow!!!. Everything seems to be working perfectly thus far. Even dragging files and folders from the VM to OSX is functioning properly. I am very, very impressed.

16. bdipert

bdipert Bit poster

MacDrive compatibility?

Folks, before I do the install, can someone who has already tried it describe the compatibility between Beta 2 of Parallels and Mediafour's MacDrive? I'd like to install MacDrive for access to the OS X partition from Windows running in Boot Camp, but what happens to MacDrive when that same Windows partition is running virtualized via Parallels?

17. mtf169

mtf169 Bit poster

Same Vista Problem

I'm having the same exact problem. If I boot into safe mode, everything works just fine. However, if I boot into safe mode with networking support it hangs after this ...

"Loaded: \Windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys"

Any ideas?

18. wreck

wreck Bit poster

sc is a command line utility that manages windows service entries. The command in this case works by deleting the service entry that is left over by the previous version parallels tools uninstaller. When the newer version of parallels tools installs, it does not properly install the coherence service if there is already an entry for it in the list of windows services. Coherence must be installed (as a windows service) in order for it to work. By deleting the service you allow the newer version installer to install the new coherence service as intended.

More basically, services are programs that can run (usually in the background without interaction) regardless of which user is logged in. You can see which services are running, when they are configured to start and which credentials they are running under using the services mmc snapin (run mmc, add/remove snapin, choose services). Or you can right click on My Computer, select manage and expand the Services tree.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  19. luomat

luomat Hunter

Can we separate out the Palm stuff?

Any chance that in the future we could have separate threads for different issues, rather than putting everything under this huge meta thread?

I started a thread for Palm issues here:

http://forum.parallels.com/thread6804.html

My config:

Treo 650 (Sprint)

Trying to HotSync via USB (or ideally Bluetooth eventually, but baby steps)

Host: MacBook running 10.4.8

20. Jazzer

Jazzer Bit poster

Password

I keep getting asked for a OSX administrator password every time I start XP off of my Boot Camp partition. Does anyone see this?