can't activate beta2 3094! help!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by p4p4, Dec 22, 2006.

1. p4p4

p4p4 Bit poster

I want to install parallels beta2 version 3094 on my mac pro, but the program doesn't accept my activation key. I get an error saying that this version of parallels can't be activated by my key.

The version 1940 that came on CD can be activated with the key... do I need an new key for the 3094?

also installing 1940, activating it, and then installing 3094 doesn't work. also clean install of 3094, same issue.

thanks for any advice!!!

PS: I bought it as an "academic version" in germany. Box, and program are all in english.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  2. arnoud

arnoud Junior Member

European boxed versions use different serial numbers, so at the moment the last build available for most languages is build 1970, which you can get after installing the build supplied on the CD and use 'Update' in the Help menu.

So far Parallels have been quiet about why localized serial numbers won't work with the downloadable (beta) versions...

3. JDub

JDub Member

You've been caught by the boxed product issue. I and some other users on this forum were unaware of this before we bought our retail boxed versions - and as such, are locked out of the beta program and the 12 months worth of free updates offer. These aspects are only available to purchases made directly from the Parallels online store.

Please complain about this to Parallels management. If enough complain, they might do something about it! :/

4. NATHAN

NATHAN Bit poster

Have you registered your product.

As with all previous updates, all registered Parallels customers will receive the final version of this update FREE!

5. cartemere

cartemere Bit poster

Yes, but actually I have exactly the same problem as p4p4 : I purchased an official "Parallels Desktop for Mac" box in an offcicial apple center in Paris, and it seems this release is localized as "gb" and not "en".

So all binaries downloaded directly from the parallels websiter won't work, as the beta releases as they are only "en" compliant...

What's the point ?

6. bunam

bunam Bit poster

i'm in the same situation

the only way -> find a serial ?

piracy can help valid cumtomer ;( ?