caps lock misbehaves

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by NosillaCast, Apr 17, 2006.

1. NosillaCast

NosillaCast Member

If I hit caps lock it doesn't toggle off when I hit it again. I have to turn caps lock back on in order to get it to stop typing in caps. after a while it seems to wear off and so I have to kill the caps lock to be lower case again. I've probably confused you but it's pretty flaky. It was catastrophic when it happened during entry of my administrative password - I actually had to reinstall windows because I couldn't get in - couldn't figure out when it thought I was caps or not.

2. VTMac

VTMac Pro

I've had the same problem. This is on MBP by the way.

3. Manatee

Manatee Member

I reported this a while back, on beta 1, when I was installing XP. I used the caps lock to enter my Key, and afterward the caps lock function was reversed. I had no problem logging in at the end of the installation because I was able to turn off caps by turning caps lock "on". Everything is ok after a restart, but it still happens sometimes.

4. tdaulerio

tdaulerio Bit poster

Just to confirm, i am still having problems with this caps lock mis behaviour in beta 4

5. mithras

mithras Junior Member

Same here. Caps lock is sometimes reversed in the guest OS (off in Mac is on is XP and vice versa).

6. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Problem with caps-lock is fixed. Will be available in the next public release.

7. CDN

CDN Junior Member

I have this problem, but also sometimes any typing is causing various Windows programs to launch (as if I have the Windows key pressed or something?). Any thime that happens, the reversed caps problem is also happening...its really confusing and making working with Outlook almost impossible...

Has anyone else had the problem with programs launching while typing in a mail or login box?

(MacBookPro)