3094: Mousse Issues Remain

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Solistca, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Solistca

Solistca Bit poster

3094: Mouse Issues Remain

So after searching extensively through the search function on Mouse issues with Parallels, it seems to me that they have not been entirely fixed in 3094 and they have been prevalent in many different forms throughout most of Parallels builds.

I say this in a hope that someone will sit down and try and overhaul the issue to try and see what exactly is going on here.

My specific problem is that when running certain apps in XP, the mouse jumps around the screen not allowing certain gaps to be accepted. More specifically, when I move the mouse, the cursor moves at a blinding speed over the screen blatantly not allowing certain areas in the motion to be landed upon. If one wants to "press a button" it seems that it's up to luck as to whether your cursor can actually be manipulated to land there.

The only fix I have made is to UNinstall Parallel tools and manually remove the parallels mouse driver from XP. Once XP reverted to the generic driver, all mouse functions work like a charm.

Only problem with this is that all the brilliant added functionality from Parallel tools, specifically the ones dependent on the Parallels mouse help, are completely non-functional.

If anyone else has been having issues or has had issues, please drop a line here. Any help I may have missed in the searched threads would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully staff will take notice and get it proper by the next build.

Thanks.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  2. Solistca

Solistca Bit poster

So no one has come across a single mouse problem?

3. pfloydn

pfloydn Member

Nope - it's worked flawlessly for me in every build I've used

So - what Mouse drivers do you also have installed in you Windows install - and can you post a bit more about your windows installation?

4. Atomic_Fusion

Atomic_Fusion Hunter

Maybe your hand is hovering over the touchpad occassionally. That will certainly make your mouse twitch and spontaneously move. Are you running a laptop or desktop?

5. Uly-sses

Uly-sses Member

I've just installed Beta2 and the only real problem I'm having is the mouse issue.

Befoe I installed Parallels tools it was fine but now the mouse control is dreadful.

At my 'old' pointer speed it was uncontrollable - moving ridioculously fast, but when I slow the speed down via control panel it doesn't seem to improve. Yes, th pointer moves slowly but seems to 'stick'. If I move the pointer across the width of the screen in one gentle motion, this is translated into several jerky movements, with a slight lag.

I agree - this makes any application very awkward to use. I'm seriously thinking of reverting to 1970 and wating for the release candidate.

Jason
    MacBook

6. qmclaugh

qmclaugh Bit poster

3094 mouse problem - but different

I also see a big mouse problem - on any screen resize the mouse in XPSP2 loses any ability except to slowly creep down and right if the mouse is moved. Kramer94 saw the same problem. This is on a macbook pro. I have to go back to build 1970 (again) as I need to run in fullscreen (or large screen) mode but cannot resize my display...

Any word on these mouse issues team Parallels?

7. Atomic_Fusion

Atomic_Fusion Hunter

qmclaugh wrote: "...loses any ability except to slowly creep down and right if the mouse is moved.
    ---

I mentioned this a week ago. After uninstalling by running the install program again and letting it detect and automatically uninstall everything, I made sure Tools was uninstalled from Bootcamp, then re-installed again. I have everything working until I need to change the screen resolution. Then the pointer locks and only moves down and right in a locked position. This is with 3094 beta.

If I restart Parallels, then it will work properly in the resolution I changed to earlier. But if I make any change in resolution, the pointer locks. It even worked in Coherence. But I pretty much keep it in Window mode now, and just avoid changing resolutions. This might not be an option for some, though.

Hopefully by reporting these issues, we'll see a fix in the next release.

8. Solistca

Solistca Bit poster

Update: I have to unfortunately report that on current beta 3120 the same drifting mouse problems persist.

After doing a bit of research recently, Tim Surgent wrote,

In attempting to follow his directions, I came upon the mouse pointer trails box and found that it was unfortunately already unchecked. If this can help anyone else, please let me know.

If there is anyone else still experiencing mouse issues in 3120, drop a line. Hopefully someone has found a work around for it or the Parallels Team has come up with a proper fix/work around.

Best,

-Sol

9. Atomic_Fusion

Atomic_Fusion Hunter

A couple of us have found a fix to the mouse drifting problem when you change your screen resolution in the VM, go to full screen mode, or Coherence. After Windows setup has reached 100%, reboots and enters the desktop to begin finding additional drivers, we have found that by cancelling all attempts to find and load drivers at this point for any remainder hardware, installing Parallels Tools, and then restarting the OS again, enables these latest features to work properly.

Apparently there is a conflict at some point with Tools and any already installed drivers; conflicts that do not arise when Tools is installed first before these remainder drivers. Unfortunately, there doesn't seems to be any fix for OSes that already exist, like my own Bootcamp partition which I don't really want to go through the installation process again, with Windows plus all the software and tweaking involved, just to fix it. So I'm living with the quirks for now.

So no workaround for already installed systems. But yes, a workaround for new installations, if done properly. If not, then it's another round a re-installation, unless somehow these drivers can be identified and reset to having not been assigned, so that Tools can be installed first.

10. Solistca

Solistca Bit poster

Thanks for the ideas there. I too don't want to go back and do a full reinstall of XP.

I wonder why this has been such a hard challenge for the team to correct through all these builds. I would think that mouse drivers and operations would be a fairly standard thing.

If anyone else has anymore ideas, keep 'em coming!

-Sol

11. noovibe

noovibe Bit poster