USB printing problem

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by AJD45, Dec 22, 2006.

1. AJD45

AJD45 Bit poster

When I first installed and tried out parallels, I tried to choose my printer under list of USB devices and got the "must wait 5-10 seconds" message. I updated to 3094 beta since it listed that as one of the fixes.

Now WinXPsp2 recognizes the printer and I can install the drivers fine. But when I print from notepad I get BSOD and reboot. The message flashes too fast to see much except in capital letters it says "BRIDGE_USB_something". When print from IE 7.0 I get a few unintelligible characters per page and tons of pages spit out. Printer is HP C6180. Please help, thanks.

2. AJD45

AJD45 Bit poster

Bumping, still hoping for an answer...

3. Lamont

Lamont Bit poster

I think it's a problem with HP printers or drivers. I have 2 iMacs running Parallels with XP Pro and 2000. They both crash as soon as the printers are plugged in. One printer is a PhotoSmart and the other is a wide format DeskJet.

I have reinstalled several times with the same result, blue screen crash and reboot. I can only print from OS X.

4. Rich White

Rich White Member

Same problem here with Win 2000 and a Canon i850 printer. It crashed with BSOD as soon as the Canon driver installer starting searching for USB printers (and the i850 had been selected from the USB list). I'm going to keep using the printer sharing method for now.

5. AJD45

AJD45 Bit poster

Thanks for the responses. I tried a Dell laser printer to see if that would work but for some reason that just gives the "must wait 5-10 seconds" screen.

6. AJD45

AJD45 Bit poster

Getting closer...?

I should have added to my original post that when trying my HP printer I also got the WinXP "this USB device could run faster" message. That made me thing maybe my USB hub is not 2.0 compliant or something. So I plugged directly into my MacBook and the message went away. I tried a test page with Notepad and ... success! But then I tried printing a small (25kb) pdf file and it printed half of the first line then stopped, as if it was running out of memory or something.

So I tried uninstalling the printer and reinstalling with the printer plugged into MacBook directly. Unfortunately I'm back to square one now. Get the message "your USB device could run faster, and there's no faster host controllers installed" and BSOD even with Notepad.

Do I not have parallels configured properly to do the USB 2.0, I thought the beta addressed this issue?