Macbook 60GB and Parallels Beta 2

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Nekojin, Dec 25, 2006.

1. Nekojin

Nekojin Junior Member

Hello,

I managed to get Everything working fine, even burning DVDs with Anydvd and clone DVD works fine. I just have 3 questions:

1. Why can I burn DVDs, but not look them in my Parallels Desktop? I always get a black screen when Media Player oder PowerDVD starts. I can hear the sound, but no video.

2. Is there a Problem with the Graphic drivers? I tried to start Counter Strike over Steam, but nothing happens, not even an error report is showing up.

3. A question about Mac OSx:
    I have only 60 GB HDD, but after the installation of Mac OSx I only have 38 left!
    Is there any way to increase the size or does OSX really need 22 GB of Space?!

Thank you for you help.

2. zoc

zoc Bit poster

PowerDVD might use DirectVideo or some sort of other microsoft technology, not supported by the video driver of parallels.

Parallels does not support Direct3D. You won't be able to play any 3D games.

3. tomservo291

tomservo291 Member

OS X now ships with Garage Band and iDVD and iMovie HD (these three combined take about something like 14-15GB of Sound, Video and Template files.)

Get a program like "Disk Inventory X" (freeware,) it will scan your entire HDD (or just a folder if you wish) and give you a visual representation of your hard disk usage. You will quickly see that that on a clean install of OS X that something ridiculous like 75% is music files from Garage Band! Delete those mofos.