Parallels Desktop for Mac build 3094 Beta 2 is available for download.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by STim, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Mac2492

Mac2492 Bit poster

Excellent! I hope I can still have my overlapping desktops, though.

2. jkt

jkt Bit poster

Parallels startup screen

I have been successfully using the 3094 build with the VM on the Mac side. An issue has now come up where, on closing, the Parallels screen is immediately dismissed - previously Quit had to be selected to dismiss it. This creates a problem if I want to change some of the VM parameters.
    Anyone suggest what is happening? Thanks.

3. Portdogmc

Portdogmc Bit poster

WHENEVER II GO INTO FULLSCREEN OR TRY TO USE COHERENCE, THE MOUSE POINTER ON MY GEN1 MACBOOK BECOMES UNUSABLE UNDER PARALLELS. IT START ONLY GOING DOWN AND RIGHT WITH NO CONTROL OVER IT HELP

4. Thorin

Thorin Bit poster

can not boot under bc

i have the same problem like dailo!

i installed the update without correct reading, i started parallels, installed the new drivers and everything works perfect. then i want to start bc, xp starts, xp beganns to install new drivers and then xp screen freezed. i restartet the machine with bc, and from then xp freeze at the xp loading screen, the blue diagram freeze at 5 sek loading.

i restarted osx, reinstalled the old version 3036, updated the drivers to old version, but xp in bc freeze every time!

i tryed the save mode, xp tried to start, shows me the user screen, but the mouse and keyboard doesnt work!

can anybody help me? how can i restart xp under bc to deinstall the parallels tools so i can update parallels to 3094 and bc and parallels works?

5. celticdale

celticdale Bit poster

USB MIDI doesn't work

Though this update is very good; the USB MIDI doesn't work. I'd love to get my keyboard working under Parallels. As a work around, I'm using ipMIDI.

:eek:

6. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

have you guys installed paraællels tools?

menu >> acrtions >> parallels tools

HughW

7. dailo

dailo Member

I solved my problem by doing a repair installation on Windows and it allowed me back in to get rid of boot camp tools, but now it's giving me a different problem. My Parallels is workign fine, but my bootcamp is BSOD because it isn't getting the right drivers.s

8. Raph7

Raph7 Bit poster

i'm stille having this problem... impossible to install parallels tools
    moreover, every time I start windows in parallel, a video controller (vga type) is found but can't be installed: it misses the ATI pilots... though, in boot camp, no problem of that kind

What do I do?? Thanks

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  9. Praetorian42

Praetorian42 Bit poster

rhapsody

When I try to start the Rhapsody jukebox, it crashes. Don't know why it happens- worked fine under the old version of Parallels.

10. jkp

jkp Bit poster

akac:

Regarding drive mounting: yes I understand it would be impossible if the partition was mounted by OS X, but what I'm talking about is letting someone partition their main drive so that they have a primary OS X partition, a Boot Camp partition (NTFS maybe), and a data partition that could be shared between the two. Under this scheme it could be possible to unmount the data partition in OS X and use it directly in Windows. I'm aware of the drag and drop transfer, which is very useful, and of shared folders, but neither of those gives me native perfomance. The problem I have is with Visual Studio 2003 which doesnt like working with its data if the data resides on a network drive: it slows to a crawl.

By snapshots I mean something along the lines of what they call snapshots in VMWare on windows / linux: they are basically savepoints for a whole VM. You can snapshot your system in a known good state and revert to it when needed (lets say a virus infection happens for example....this is great insulation from the perils of running an MS OS).

11. Paul Linden

Paul Linden Member

Go to Start/Control Panel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Troubleshoot and move the hardware acceleration slider to full.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2006
  12. FranzK

FranzK Bit poster

After installing Beta 2 Windows XP insisted to be activated again. Problem is I had to use the telphone routine and there were some red X's (like on a web page when the image file is missing from the web server) that covered up the numnber I would need to give to Microsoft. So I had to go back to Beta 1 for now since I have no way to activate. It reminded me why I switched to the Mac and gave up on Windows except for those few programs I still need it for.

13. rnomad

rnomad Junior Member

Beta2

I got beta 2 installed without much trouble for my existing XP instances. Tried three times to make it work for BootCamp partition without success. Last time I lo:mad: :confused: st keyboard and mouse functionality. I did not have Tools for Bootcamp installed. I plugged in a USB keyboard and mouse, rebooted into safe mode and restored, so I did not lose much. In Parallels the bootcamp partition also did not have keyboard or mouse, so I just deleted it. Not much luck with USB devices either. The Apple modem installed but then my mouse and keyboard locked until I disconnected it. I also tried a Prolific serial to usb adapter, and it seemed to install but not work.

14. gibarian

gibarian Bit poster

Very slow & Hangs

with the new build I was able to get the program to run on my fat32 partition.

I'm running at nearly full memory usage with the vm. Windows runs sluggish, and then when I go back into Mac, I get nearly 100% memory and CPU usage. I've tried a variety of memory settings allocated to the vm, and nothing seems to improve the performance. I'm especially worried about burning out my fan. I've even had to yank out the plug a couple of times.

15. gibarian

gibarian Bit poster

OK, so I found the (or a) problem:

I had to stop running the apple keyboard manager (kbdmgr.exe) which was installed with the bootcamp tools when I created the bootcamp partition. It fixed the cpu and memory problems.

This problem only started when I ran Wxp in the vm, so I think there may be some clash with the parallels tools/keyboard drivers.

I hope this makes sense to someone.

16. mqandil

mqandil Member

Where are the Parallels team

guys.. may of us reported we have an issue of getting coherence to work period with this build. It does not work. As you can see people are experimenting with changing the name, deleting the service. Enough dancing around this subject. coherence does not work period for this build and we need your help to fix it. Meantime we go back to the previous build until this is fixed

17. jkp

jkp Bit poster

Coherence is working fine here so I don't think this statement holds true for all: I had to perform the uninstall trick mentioned earlier in the thread but that was it.

18. christian.v

christian.v Bit poster

Above mentioned page states : "If you are a current Parallels Desktop for Mac user this Update will use your existing activation key. New users need to get a trial key to use the software."

This is completely UNTRUE.

If you are a current UK Parallels Desktop for Mac user, this Update will NOT use your existing activation key...

You have to be a US Parallels Desktop for Mac user to get this work.

Why ? That's really a good question...

Does anybody know the answer ???

19. jbsolutios

jbsolutios Junior Member

UK Keyboard on MacBook Pro

Dear Parallels

The 3094 release works like a charm on my UK MacBook Pro except that they keyboard mappings are all a bit screwy!

The UK keyboard has an extra key compared to the U.S. version.

I see that Parallels have added some UK support as the £ key is now available, however the following keys are swapped around: -

` and § (the key to the left of number 1 and the key to the right of the left-shift key).

In addition, the new default mapping means that it is not possible to type <ALT GR> <2> which gives the Euro symbol. I know that there is a hack for this, but it would be good for this to be an option in the GUI rather than through the command line.

Many thanks once again for creating such a wonderful product!

Regards

JB

20. trotsky

trotsky Bit poster

Ah good, it isn't just me then. I saw another thread with a similar discussion. Any possibility of a workaround for this, or can us poor Europeans get a second temporary activation number until a fix appears?