Nework Problems with new beta & 1970

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by johnnytk36, Dec 5, 2006.

1. johnnytk36

johnnytk36 Junior Member

I emailed this to the parallels team and haven't got a response so i figure i would post it here.

I don't know if anybody has reported this bug, i made a quick note of it in one vista thread but no response so i figure i would send it to yall.

My system:

Machine Name: MacBook Pro 17"
    Machine Model: MacBookPro1,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP12.0061.B03
    SMC Version: 1.5f10

I am using shared networking and beta version 3036, though the same problem happened with 1970

I am using Vista Enterprise RTM and Office 2007 RTM. Both of which is fully updated.

When trying to open a powerpoint from the shared folder the VM crashes. I have even opened it from a shared folder that is mapped to a drive letter and it still crashes.

i can copy the powerpoint to the destop and open it perfectly.

I dont know if it is the new vista networking or the paralles, problem a combination of both.

I dont think it is just vista, when i had XP on here, i had problem with shared networking and using programs like dreamweaver. But i could map the shared folder to a drive letter and it worked great.

Can anybody else replicate this?

2. johnnytk36

johnnytk36 Junior Member

Is no body else having this problem?

3. johnnytk36

johnnytk36 Junior Member

Anybody

I still have this problem in the new beta, it has been consistent for the last 3 versions.

????