3094b2: Coherence no working with dual screen

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by engyew, Dec 27, 2006.

1. engyew

engyew Member

Not only does Full Screen not work with dual monitors but Coherence does not as well.

I drag my Paralles window onto by second screen. Click coherence and everything disappears. I cannot see my apps. Of course full screen does not work on the second monitor either. (It used to).

Ultimately if you have dual monitors nothing works except windowed mode.

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

strange new bug
    on rotate to full screen

the image window hops from the cinema screen
    down to the lap top screen

there is a similar bug in Firefox
    when windows seem to have a mind of their own about placing
    and spinr back or ovr nothe rwindow after dragging with mouse

so it may be a Mac OS issue

Hugh W

3. demnos

demnos Bit poster

I've noticed the same thing. Full Screen definitely worked fine in Build 1970. It wasn't until coherence was introduced in these new beta builds that Full Screen functionality seems to have been broken for multiple screen use.

I used to be able to have monitor 1 as Mac OS and monitor 2 as Windows (in full screen). Now when I tell parallels that I want full screen it always "takes over" monitor 1.

4. AlanH

AlanH Pro

I don't use full screen, but coherence works fine here. Two 17" TFT screens on a Mac Pro. I drag the VM window to the secondary screen and select coherence mode, and everything is as it should be, with XP using the secondary screen and OS X on both.

5. sfuller

sfuller Member

On my MBP, I had success with full screen on an external display using build 3036. It broke for me when I went to 3094 Beta 2.

Steve

6. demnos

demnos Bit poster

The Full Screen issue seems to be fixed (for me at least) with Build 3106.

Great job guys.

7. inferno10

inferno10 Bit poster

Quick question. There is an option under Edit->Virtual Machine->Coherence called 'Use multiple displays'. Did you check this option?