Boot camp is broken (3094)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by keithnyc, Dec 28, 2006.

1. keithnyc

keithnyc Bit poster

I somehow missed the note about removing parallels tools when upgrading from 3036. I can run 3094, but I can't boot natively into XP/Bootcamp. When I boot natively, the mouse and keyboard fails to be recognized. I notice when I get into the native XP desktop, XP starts recognizing some hardware until it gets to some kind of Intel USB hub, and then XP freezes. If I boot into safe mode, I get all sorts of errors before it even gets to XP until the system just freezes.

I tried uninstalling 3094 then reinstalling 36, then removing parallels tools and then reinstalling 3094 but to no avail. It seems the native XP 'Profile 1' is still looking at devices set up by 3094 instead of the boot camp drivers.

Is there any way to fix this without wiping my boot camp partition and starting from scratch?

-Keith

2. wangooroo

wangooroo Junior Member

Well I have a similar but diff problem. I removed the boot camp tools. Upgraded XP in place to Vista Ultimate. I can boot boot camp just fine. My VM will notboot at all.

Next I blew away boot camp completely. Then installed Vista. Boot camp works fine. Again no VM boot. Parallels complains: Unable to Open Boot camp image.

3. maverick808

maverick808 Hunter

The 3094 release notes clearly state that Vista is NOT supported in a Boot Camp partition.

4. xyx

xyx Bit poster

I also bricked my Boot Camp install by being a little too quick on the "play" button in 3094.
    Now, is there any way I can un-brick the install?
    When booting natively now it doesn't recognize the hardware and stalls while installing the Intel ICH USB hub before installing the drivers for mouse/keyboard.

5. wangooroo

wangooroo Junior Member

The Beta 3094 announcement states this under coherence:
    Use Coherence in Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Windows XP and Windows Vista!

I assumed that meant Vista was supported both in VM and bootcamp.

Upon reading the release notes I now see that Vista in boot camp is not supported yet. I really hope they fix that soon!