Parallels Tools on 3094 not working

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by 10w40, Dec 25, 2006.

1. 10w40

10w40 Junior Member

I have just upgraded my Parallels to 3094. I've been trying to install the new parallels tools in order to make coherence to work but it still doesn't work after continuous tries. When I click on "install parallels tools" nothing pops up on XP. Then I uninstalled the old parallels tools, but still with no luck installing the new parallels tools on 3094.
    Help guys?

2. 10w40

10w40 Junior Member

and i just found out that uninstalling parallels is impossible.

3. tomservo291

tomservo291 Member

Why is uninstalling parallels impossible? The installation DMG comes with an uninstall package

4. joem

joem Forum Maven

This is expected behavior if you have turned off autoplay for CD drives in XP. Could this be your problem?

5. 10w40

10w40 Junior Member

yea i tried it. After running the uninstall package and retarting my computer, I still can not install the old version of parallels. An error occurs saying "Nothing to install".

6. 10w40

10w40 Junior Member

When this problem appeared, i too thought that I disabled autoplay. Still no luck finding the parallels tools loaded in 'My Computer'.

7. sypark

sypark Junior Member

I'm having the same problem - I tried a beta version but it froze, so I uninstalled, and tried to reinstall the recent official release and the installer says, "Nothing to install".

Did you ever get an answer?