Build 3106 Windows Reactivation?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ptrella, Dec 29, 2006.

1. ptrella

ptrella Bit poster

Hi. I'm new.

I just upgraded to build 3106 because I wanted to be able to use my bootcamp partition as a VM, so that I can eliminate one of the two windows installs on my iMac (OS 10.4.8). However, much to my dismay, when I start the VM it tells me that I need to reactivate windows due to major hardware changes on my machine. I thought that this new build was supposed to solve that problem. Any thoughts or advice?

2. phubbard

phubbard Bit poster

I have the same issue and it won't even let me log in w/o reactivating and then says I've exceeded the limitation. Boots fine outside of Parallels with no need to reactivate.

3. dgold105

dgold105 Bit poster

I am having this same problem but not with Windows. Everytime I switch between Bootcamp and the VM I have to reactivate Quicken and MS Office. With both of them it says the machine configuration has changed. With Windows, though, it is working fine.

4. ptrella

ptrella Bit poster

That's interesting. I haven't had a chance to re-boot into bootcamp yet, but I hope it doesn't require re-activation, that way I can just delete the bootcamp VM and sit pat for an update.

5. ptrella

ptrella Bit poster

Yep, just re-booted through bootcamp and there are no probs with windows re-activation, so it's only when I try to create a VM out of the bootcamp partition that this happens. I don't have office loaded on the bootcamp partition yet, so I can't verify the same problem with it.

6. eichert12

eichert12 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem with my Windows Activation. Everytime I start up my BootCamp image in Parallels it asks me to re-activate my copy of Windows. I was hoping the latest build would fix that but it doesn't sound like it does :(

Anyone have any workarounds, or have any ideas why this is happening?