Beta 3 Vista Broken?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by misterjangles, Dec 29, 2006.

1. misterjangles

misterjangles Member

I just installed beta 3 and vista booted up properly. however, as soon as i updated the parallels tools and rebooted, the image won't boot anymore. it hangs on the initial windows loading screen (with the green progress bar) The parallels window indicates activity is happening on the CD drive but it seems to be stuck in a loop.

the image is vista ultimate (100% legit license) from MSDN. i started with a totally default vista install except that it had the previous version of parallels tools on it.

2. misterjangles

misterjangles Member

nevermind - i found the problem in the FAQ. Disabling Intel VT-x support solved it.

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

You better try to set acceleration level to "Normal", but keep VT-x on. It will solve problem as well, but will work much faster!

4. akac

akac Hunter

If I may ask - I thought the "acceleration level" was ignored if VT-x is on?

5. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

It was in previous builds. But now we have some performance optimiztions even on top of VT-x :)

6. kshusker

kshusker Member

I have this bug and turning acceleration off made no difference, Vista still hangs with b3. I have to turn VT-X off entirely to get it to work -- and when I do that it is too slow to use.

Is this bug going to be fixed before version 2.5 ships in final form?