3106 Unsigned CD-ROM Driver

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Roner, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Roner

Roner Junior Member

Perhaps someone has a workaround: when I boot my FAT32 Bootcamp partition through Parallels for the first time, the WinXP installation gets hung with an unsigned driver pop-up for the CD-ROM drive. Naturally, I cannot click it since the mouse is still not working at that point. I tried disabling the driver signature check through Bootcamp, but it does not seem to be retained when I boot through Parallels.

iMac 20", 25GB FAT32 Bootcamp partition, WinXP Corp with volume license key. I had to use the driver.cab -> sp2.cab hack to get the installation started. My XP installation is from a slipstreamed CD.

2. jp20r

jp20r Junior Member

I have same problem, even though i never installed Boot camp. until now 1970 was working perfectly with Win 2000. I tried 3106 today and got that same mesage and could not continue.
    But i reinstalled 3106 and launched XP and it works ... only it doesnt load the applications and documents that are stored in (C) W2000. Under XP (C) is empty ...
    any thoughts ?

3. Roner

Roner Junior Member

As for your problem, it does not seem to be Parallels-related, but rather related to the fact that you upgraded your win2000 installation to winXP. You can probably solve it just by copying your missing files from the W2000 directory to the XP one.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Parallels. It now moved on to display an unsigned driver dialog for the Parallels mouse synchronization tool. Why, oh why can't the mouse and keyboard drivers be installed first...?

4. Roner

Roner Junior Member

The solution I found is not a happy one. A clean install, with a fresh sp2.cab downloaded from Microsoft into C:\WINDOWS\Driver Cache\i386, did the trick. Now I have to rebuild everything...