Hotfix Update: Parallels Desktop 4.0 Build 3810 is available

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by tacit_one, Jan 5, 2009.

1. see3d

see3d Junior Member

Warning fix is no good...

WARNING: I have tried this fix a few times, and the system becomes unstable and eventually CRASHES. Best to stick with single monitor mode until this bug is fixed --It is a royal PITA.

2. wdcurry

wdcurry Member

I am not so happy to report that with this release, not only is copy and paste still not working, (anyone home at parallels on this?), but the o/s is very unstable when suspending. I run Visual Studio constantly, sometimes several instances. *Almost* consistently, after suspending and re-awakening, the system runs horribly slow. Each new operation i do, for example, opening a dialog, switching to a text editor, switching to a form design etc, takes anywhere from 3-10 seconds. For anyone who uses a computer more than once a month, you know how intrusive this is.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
  3. gary

gary Member

Hello,

Does this mean that a new VM created with 4.0 will be faster than one upgraded? Any reason why?

4. see3d

see3d Junior Member

Fixed

Happy to report that the latest release fixes this problem (boy that took a long time to get fixed).

5. tsand

tsand Bit poster

6. tomaton

tomaton Bit poster

With Parallels Windows XP will be running on a "Virtual Machine", this means that OS X will be running like normal with Windows XP running inside a separate application, in effect two operating systems running at once.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012