Multiple XP Instances

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Piratesgold, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Piratesgold

Piratesgold Bit poster

Here is what I would like to do but all my searches have turned up nothing related. Here goes:

I am currently running one instance of XP in Parallels for Mac and would like to move my business XP via Transporter into my Mac using Parallels. Is it possible to have two instances of XP in Parallels (both would never run at the same time)? If I use Transporter, will it simply move the second XP instance into its own virtual space as it did on the first XP instance and not overwrite the first image? Any gotchas on using Transporter for moving the second image into Parallels?
    Thx

2. Leto

Leto Junior Member

Shouldn't be any problem whatsoever. You can have multiple installs of any compatible operating system set up and running (even at the same time) as long as you have enough computing resources to handle it.

The tricky part is when you have two copies of the exact same Windows XP installation running at the same time. Besides the fact that it causes funky networking issues, it also will most likely be in violation of your Microsoft EULA.