VPN Only on windows need to share inet backwards

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by dstarh, Nov 6, 2008.

1. dstarh

dstarh Bit poster

Our corporate VPN client is windows only. Is it possible for me to run the client on windows under parallels desktop, route the osx traffic through it (via ics or the like) so that I can vnc and rdp into my corporate network. I know I could just use windows for the vnc and rdp but I'd rather be able to do that from in osx. Is there any way to do this?

2. dstarh

dstarh Bit poster

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is it even possible?

3. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

It is possible here is some brief description, I believe network admin will describe other details
    1. 2 NIC to VM, one in Birdged Ethernet another in Parallels Host Only Networking
    2. set ICS on NIC which is set to Bridged Ethernet and share Internet connection with Host _only
    3. On Mac remove default gateway from built-in Ethernet and Airport and put following details to Parallels Host only interface
    IP 192.168.0.2
    SN 255.255.255.0
    G. 192.168.0.1
    DNS. 192.168.0.1

Set up VPN on Windows and you can connect

4. dstarh

dstarh Bit poster

Thanks thats what I was looking for

5. catholicemom

catholicemom Bit poster

Step by Step Config with Adapters to use VNC and RDP

Hi-I am new to both Mac and Parallels. I want to do exactly this. I had bought my Mac with Parallels preinstalled and this was working fine. I installed my ssl vpn client on Vista. But I had to reinstall the OS and Parallels and now I cannot use the vnc viewer or the remote desktop client. Oddly, when I use our ssl vpn client web page there is a embeded java that allows you to connecto vnc or rdp. The vnc works but it is very slow and difficult. THe rdp does not work. So I know I am connected to the vpn and getting access to the network. But the VNC Viewer and Remote Desktop client is not getting a connection back. I want to try this solution but I need step by step instructions on how to do this. I know alittle technical stuff.

1. How do I set up the 2 NIC to VM? Is this the two parallel's adapter I see in network preferences? If so, I don't see anything on ICS or share Internet. If it is in Vista, I only see 1 adapter.

This is as far as I got to try to configure.

Thanks
    Donna

6. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

I guess, Bridged Ethernet mode will be helpful