Direct3D/OpenGL support eventually?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Geesu, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Geesu

Geesu Member

This might have been posted somewhere couldn't find any recent posts on it...

But is parallels for mac eventually going to support opengl/direct3d? i.e. for games?

I ask b/c I remember a post on digg about 6-8 months ago talking about how parallels was eventually going to have that support - was just wondering if that was still in the works or being considered for a future release...

TY!
    Josh

2. dwrowley

dwrowley Junior Member

Ditto

I'd be interested in this as well - more for 3d graphics programs than games, but same requirement for OpenGL/DirectX support...

And I saw a recent interview with someone at Parallels saying that it would be included in a release around the end of the year?

Cheers,
    David

3. Geesu

Geesu Member

Do you happen to remember what the interview was from?

4. palter

palter Hunter

Parallels has stated all along that they would do 3D acceleration for the 3.0 release. Initially, they were talking about 3.0 coming out around the end of 2006 but have recently been stating that it would appear in early 2007.

Given that 2.5 is currently in Beta, I suspect it'll be a few months before we see 3.0.

5. Geesu

Geesu Member

Thanks for the response - thats what I was looking for :)

I can't wait!!!!1!!!!!

6. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

it'll be very interesting to see how well this works in emulation... dont expect it to be blisteringly quick.. certainly in the first release...

7. Geesu

Geesu Member

yea - but opengl should be pretty straightforward i would think - no emulation required correct?