Blackberry manager not working in windows

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by mikes70mustang, Jan 26, 2009.

1. mikes70mustang

mikes70mustang Bit poster

Im running Parallels 3 build 5582. Before the new BB OS came out i could back up and sync and stuff no problem when i was in windows. So ever since the updated OS came out i havnt been able to Backup my BB. Im just wondering if there a patch i can download to fix this or something. This is one of those things i really need to be working. So the manager will open and recognize my BB but it wont sync or back up, it just stays on the starting to recieve info window and nothing ever happens. The little usb indicator doesnt seem to be doing what it used to. It flashes occasionally when im trying to backup but never transfers the info like it should. Any help is appreciated, Thanks

2. Srinivasulu.V

Srinivasulu.V Hunter

How to connect Blackberry smartphone to Parallels in case if normal connection via the USB cable does not work.

The solution is to connect (and synchronize) BlackBerry to the Guest OS via Apple Bluetooth.

1). Insert the original OS X DVD into the DVD drive of the Mac. Connect the disk to the virtual machine by choosing the "Default CD/DVD" drive under the "Devices - DVD rom" menu.
    2). Hold down the Shift key in order to disable the autorun option and stop the Boot Camp drivers automatic
    installation. If the Boot Camp window appears, click on the "Cancel" button to cancel the installation.
    3). Open My Computer, right click on the Boot Camp DVD disk, choose the "Open" option, browse to the
    "Drivers- Apple "folder. Double click on the BluetoothInstaller EXE file and let it install.
    4) Go into the folder with Apple drivers again and double click on the BluetoothEnabler driver EXE file and let it install.
    5) Now go to the Parallels menu and check the selection for "Apple - Wireless" which is for the Bluetooth
    (you will previously have to make the Bluetooth device get synced to your Mac under
    Bluetooth -> System Preferences). Once you select Apple Wireless under the USB choices,
    you will see your Virtual Machine
    connecting to a Bluetooth device - it will take a few minutes.

On this step when you click "Apple - Wireless" under the USB section you can lose the connection to Apple Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, if you are using them. In this case you will have to use the actual Mac touchpad and keyboard. Later when you uncheck "Apple - Wireless" from the USB (Parallels), you will get the Bluetooth mouse/keyboard back.

6) Now you can find the Bluetooth icon in the Control Panel on the Virtual Machine. Go in there and configure
    your Bluetooth device on the Virtual Machine - add the device, enter passkey process -> now you have
    bridge from Mac to the Virtual Machine via Bluetooth.

3. mikes70mustang

mikes70mustang Bit poster

Thanks but...

That is a good idea, but i do not have access to my OSX DVD it is many miles away and im at school. This happened once before and a person such as yourself gave me a link to update the build of the program. Is this an option? Would there be this same issue if i got the new version of Paralles? Thanks for any more additional info you might have.

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Probably contacting the Apple Store is an option in this case, they may give you a copy of BC drivers?

5. Statman

Statman Member

FYI, after trying multiple things, I have found that BB desktop software can find the BB via bluetooth, but only allows limited access (back-up & restore). It does not work with USB with the current build. What I did was install boot camp on another drive...connected the BB via usb and ALL is well.

6. Statman

Statman Member

I finally have solved my issues with using BB desktop manager. Here is what I did (with the help of Jose @parallels tech support). First reset the VM. After windows restarts, connect BB. I received alerts that new hardware was found (if not make sure that RIM is checked in the Devices tab at the top of parallels). After it had set-up my "new device" it said it was ready. I started desktop manager and low and behold the device showed up (if it doesn't check that the device manager is set to usb Vs. bluetooth). GL.

7. squirt

squirt Bit poster

Freezing

Parallels recognizes my Blackberry. But during the software update as it goes to reboot the blackberry it disconnects and freezes my phone. Anybody know how to fix this?

8. tech_head

tech_head Member

Hi,

I was able to successfully get it to work by babysitting the USB connections.
    I had to go in and force a reconnect everytime I saw the BB Storm. In hindsight I should have configured Parallels to always connect to the Storm when it asked me the first time. DOH!

9. squirt

squirt Bit poster

Windows says the Blackberry is connected. Desktop manager recognizes it. It's right at the end when it's supposed to reboot the phone that it disconnects the Blackberry and then my phone freezes. I got an email from the tech department. They had me uninstall and reinstall parallel tools, but that didn't help either.

10. Statman

Statman Member

Well....what version of DM are you running? What BB OS? What carrier? It sounds like a DM issue. I would reinstall DM (some use 4.6, but I have had NO problem with DM 4.7). I am running OS: 4.5.0.135, DM 4.7 VZW on a 8830WE.

11. NoelD

NoelD Bit poster

Bluetooth option worked

I have been fighting with the desktop manager for a few days uninstalling, reinstalling, different versions of desktop manager, restarting windows, changing the parallels usb preferences to always connected to virtual machine. Nothing worked I could sync on the mac side and not in parallels. The bluetooth option worked.

12. mmallett

mmallett Bit poster

Noel... Bluetooth worked to do what? Connect you to the Desktop Manager, or get past the boot Rom stage where it seems to crash for everyone?

13. RobynW

RobynW Bit poster

Bluetooth Install didn't complete

Hi, I did the installation and it looked like it worked successfully (ie no error messages) but under the devices menu, there is no option for 'Apple - Wireless' even after I restart Windows or Parallels. And I still can't connect my device. I'm running Parallels Desktop 4.0.3848 with Windows XP Home edition SP3, over Snow Leopard. Is there a missing step?