USB not working

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by mikejaer, Dec 31, 2006.

1. mikejaer

mikejaer Bit poster

No USB support since update ??

Why ??

CI-Module Programmer from DUOLABS CAS 3

works with desktop Parallels 1970

2. drval

drval Pro

I'm also having trouble with SOME forms of USB support in build 3106, while others seem to work well: eg flash drives and usb-based hard drives work well but directly "serial port" reads of USB-connected scientific instruments do not, even when using specific software that worked under Boot Camp.

3. kperry7505

kperry7505 Member

Build 3106 also killed any Palm HoSync attempts. Builds 1970 and prior supported Palm HotSync. Parallels says it is a known problem they are working on. There are posts all over this board about USB devices that don't work. VMware's very first public beta (Fusion) offers USB 2 support, to include the "isochronous" devices like web cams, that Parallels says it can't support. Should VMware introduce booting off the boot camp partition they've got my money.

4. Fredric

Fredric Member

I was able to use my Lexar card reader in Build 1970, where it showed up as External Removable Drives "E", "F", and "G", with only "G" being active. However, in Beta 3106, the card reader still shows up, but not any memory cards that I might mount in it (usually SD). I am using an iMac C2D running OSX 10.4.7.

5. drval

drval Pro

Interestingly enough, my USB-related problems seem to have been solved -- somehow!? I see nothing that I've done differently excep tthat I did a few boot, reboot cycles in Windows and did a Shut Down and Start on the Mac side. I'm still experimenting because the USB-device interface is rather "twitchy" even at tis best; but the good news is that it is "working" at least enough for me to continue with onther work.

6. nickels

nickels Bit poster

My USB Headset not working

Once I ran a WinXP VM the logitech USB headset doesn't work. I had to restart the Mac to get it back.