Compatible printers

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by mlle, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mlle

mlle Member

The thread was moved from "Wish Lists" by Xenos

Could somebody please provide a link to a list of compatible printers? Perhaps one that can be updated by users, so that we have a comprehensive list before we go shopping.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2008
  2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Mlle,

You can use any printer that is compatible with your Mac if you set Parallel Port.

If you need the special printer options you can connect it as a USB device - in this case you should install the native drivers. Sometimes drivers conflict is possible.

Here are some printers that has been tested and approved as compatible with Parallels:

HP LaserJet 1320
    HP LaserJet 1000
    Samsung SCX-4100
    Samsung CLX 3160FN
    Canon PIXMA 600
    Canon PIXMA 810
    Canon IP5300

Best regards,
    Xenos

3. mlle

mlle Member

Thanks, but that's not my findings. Also the Bonjour and GIMP routes are a mess and IMHO just a waste time without achieving anything.

Any experience with the following printers please?
    HP Color Laserjet1600
    Brother MFC7420
    Samsung SCX4200
    Brother 7010L

As I say, it would be good to have a comprehensive reference list. The question about printing must arise daily.

Regards
    Mlle

4. mlle

mlle Member

Please add your compatible printer to this list

Please help by adding your compatible printer to this list:

Here are some printers that has been tested and approved as compatible with Parallels:
    List supplied by Parallels

HP LaserJet 1320
    HP LaserJet 1000
    Samsung SCX-4100
    Samsung CLX 3160FN
    Canon PIXMA 600
    Canon PIXMA 810
    Canon IP5300

I have successfully used:
    Canon IP4300

We need to make this list much longer to help people to want to buy a new printer. Please assist.

5. mlle

mlle Member

Any more suggestions please?

I need a Laser printer or 3-in-1 with a small footprint and that is guaranteed to work. The store salespeople don't know and are not likely to take back a printer if Mac compatible is written on the box.

Thanks

6. mlle

mlle Member

Anybody using Brother DCP 7030 printer?

Has anybody had success using a Brother DCP 7030 printer?

As NOBODY has replied to my posts I guess I will just have to buy a printer without feedback and risk the money if it does not work.

My initial post was made one year ago and I simply cannot delay buying a printer for any longer.

PARALLELS staff - this is really a matter that you must address. Your comments (from Xenos) are simply not correct. Parallels will simply NOT print with ANY Mac printer. Even jumping through hoops does not help. I was very excited when I first changed to parallels from VPC, but your Forum support leaves a great deal to be desired!